4 days out

stacyeparker
on 8/10/11 8:28 pm - South Charleston, WV
I just got home yesterday. Overall I am doig well. I can get my liquids in fairly easily, I just wake up feeling dry on occasion. I have only been sleeping a couple hours at a time. Even though my house is small I have been trying to walk a lot. Walking in my yard is out of the question, it's very hilly.
Yes my belly is very sore. I have steri strips and a drain. The drain stays in till the 16th.  It's not nearly as gross as I thought it would be. I just wi**** would quit draining around the tube as well. they gave me plenty of new dressing for it so I can change often, I am just going through shirts.
My mom and Husband took turns staying with me at the hospital, which made the stay plesant. I actually miss the bed because I can't stand laying flat on mine and my Surgeon said no recliners. He also took me off my anti-depressant. I'm glad he's got confidence in me.
I'm on phase 2 of the diet, which introduces things like pudding. Something a bit more solid than just plain water.
Ovetall I'm doing well, just waiting for the pain to stop. I take my pils as needed but it's still  a dull ache.
FLJeepGirl
on 8/10/11 8:52 pm
I'm a week ahead of you and will tell you it gets better.  Especially once the drain comes out.  I'm still having some problems getting comfortable - but seem to be improving daily.  I miss the bed too :-)...been trying to prop up on pillows and have found finally (earlier this week) I can sleep on my right side.  I'm NOT a back sleeper, which is one of the reasons I think I was having problems sleeping.

I'm still having some dull pains and a lot of soreneess - although I've seen many on these boards a week out that are doing much better.  I guess we all heal differently :-)  Hope you have a fast recovery and get some rest.  Feel better soon!
                      Leslie
       Lap-Band 4.11.08                                     RNY Revision 8.1.11
       HW 276/ SW 259/ LW 219                       HW 283/ CW 218

poet_kelly
on 8/11/11 2:26 am - OH
I'm glad you're doing well.

I was wondering, though, why your surgeon took you off your antidepressant?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

stacyeparker
on 8/11/11 8:29 am - South Charleston, WV
as for my antidepessant, I am not sure. I got ot switched to the non-xr but he still doesn't want me taking it. if I get bad in the next week I'm going to talk to him.
poet_kelly
on 8/11/11 12:12 pm - OH
It just seems scary to me.  People often have a lot of emotional upheaval right after surgery so it doesn't seem like the best time to come off meds.  It's not one that has withdrawal symptoms if you quit taking it suddenly, is it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

stacyeparker
on 8/11/11 11:50 pm - South Charleston, WV
I have only been on it for a month, as far as I know there are not bad withdraw symptoms. so far I have been stable just a little weepy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views