I'm Back

airforcewife78
on 8/6/11 3:51 pm
Hey y'all I['m back. I had my surgery Wed. 8/3. came home last night and I feel great. The surgery it self was a piece of cake- what was painful was the gas pains. I'm doing fabulous tho, trying to take in all the protein and that's about it.

Lindsey82
on 8/6/11 3:52 pm
Welcome to the club! So happy for you that the surgery went well. Remember to drink, drink, drink, and walk when you can. Welcome to the journey of your life!!! See you on the loser's bench. Best wishes.

Shanneee
on 8/6/11 4:03 pm - MN
Congrats!  I had the same experience as you- I felt great but the gas pains were HORRIBLE! 

I am not a big liquids person so had some struggles getting in all my water but someone suggested sugar free popsicles and they are definitely helping.  That and gatoraid (zero of course). 

Keep on rockin!

airforcewife78
on 8/7/11 8:12 am
OMG YES the popsicles are totally working for me! They're my little heaven.

crystal P.
on 8/6/11 4:45 pm - KY
congrats and I am glad all went well, mine is this wed, so keep me in your prayers please, I will keep you in my prayers that you have a speedy recovery and that all keeps going well. I am so worried about the gas pains, how bad where they and how many days does that last for? keep us posted on your journey, and add me as a friend if u would like since our surgerys are so close together I am so glad that all went well

surgery date RNY 8/10/11, HW 345, SW 323, CW 308, GW 155-160, SGW 135

"what doesnt kill me, can only make me stronger"        
Butterfly62
on 8/7/11 3:46 am - TX
I will pray for you as well:)
"Jesus is health to my flesh and strength to my bones." Proverbs 3:8
"I'm turning my cants into cans and my dreams into plans."

Lynn

airforcewife78
on 8/7/11 8:11 am
I will say a prayer for you but know that you will do FABULOUS! Believe it, and walk in faith you will be fine. The gas pains oh my where do I start? They're horrible, just absolutely horrible. I had them in my chest and left side along where the JP Drain was placed and today 4 days out I am feeling better. It still hurts a bit to burp but nothing like the other earlier days those were painful. I asked about Gas X but they told me no they wanted me to pass the gas on my own. But the surgery itself isn't very painful its the gas- I PROMISE YOU.

gabbyabby
on 8/7/11 12:05 am
 Congrats!  I will be there with you soon.  I started my liquid diet today!!!  
Butterfly62
on 8/7/11 3:53 am - TX
if you don't mind me asking, what kinds of liquid diet are you on? i have to do a 10 pre-surgery diet. i don't meet with my dietician until next week, and was just wondering. Thanks in advance!!!
"Jesus is health to my flesh and strength to my bones." Proverbs 3:8
"I'm turning my cants into cans and my dreams into plans."

Lynn

airforcewife78
on 8/7/11 8:14 am
I wasn't placed on a liquid diet. I ate whatever I wanted until the night before surgery. BUT now that I am on liquids and I'm doing shakes I'm drinking a lot of muscle milk. I know my girlfriend had to do a 10 day liquid diet and she drank carnation and slim fast.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views