Walk at Home

50andFabulous
on 8/6/11 12:13 pm - TX
Has anyone used the "Walk At Home" DVD's by Leslie Sansone?  I was thinking about getting one but not sure how they work and which one i should start with.  Any advice??!!

Angie H.
on 8/6/11 12:16 pm - TN
I haven't done them personally, but I have a friend that said they are wonderful!

HappyMango
on 8/6/11 12:20 pm - FL
I used them years ago when I was on Weigh****chers and I loved them.  I only did the 1mile one because quite honestly it kicked my butt the first few times.  I kept at it though and it is a great work out.  Low impact and she even gives variations if you are not ready for the full movement.  Nothing is a complicated move and it even works the arms and your balance.

I gotta say when I was doing it regularly, I could tell a difference. 

I was thinking about ordering them again (lost my original in all my different moves) because they were so easy to do and figured it'd be a good way in the Florida heat to get some walking in INSIDE!

She has a pretty nifty web site too.  I think they were cheapest at Walmart (online) and either a $0.01 shipping or even free shipping.

zebrabc
on 8/8/11 1:02 am
I do the Walk at home 1 and 2 miles at least twice a week.  They're very good and Leslie is a great motivator.  It is easy to do with no complicated steps.  She also has a walk and tone dvd too which is also good.  I enjoy them and I also enjoy walking outside when the weather is good. 
50andFabulous
on 8/6/11 12:28 pm - TX
Thanks!  I was thinking about using them because of this Texas record heat!  I have seen them in WalMart but she has so many versions i didn't know which one would be good for a beginner.  I think i will just pick one and start with that.  Thanks for the info!!

talula216
on 8/6/11 1:12 pm - RI
RNY on 01/16/12
They are really good.  Also if you have cable with on demand they had a place were there are free exercise video.  I know mine have some of Leslies Sansone videos.  They even have some of the Biggest losers as well among many others.

Talula
Starting weight 369

janet2921
on 8/6/11 5:03 pm - Chicago, IL
I have Leslie Sansone's WATP (Walk Away The Pounds) DVDs.  They are very effective for me.  I use them in the winter months and bad weather days.  One can indeed break a real sweat and lose weight with the WATP dvd's.

In the summer I do outdoor power-walking.

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

mrslatch
on 8/6/11 11:17 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
I was in really good shape before I got pregnant, but wasn't able to work out while I was pregnant. Now that I have a newborn I do my workouts at home using OnDemand FitTV. I tried the 2mile one and really liked it. I use a HR Monitor and I burned over 300calories doing it, so I'd say its a really great low impact cardio workout. I'd much rather be at the gym doing a spinning class and lifting some weights, but you do what you can right?1
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

_Donna_
on 8/7/11 12:36 am
I use the Walk a mile with Leslie Sansone dvd at least 5 days a week.
I got it years ago when I tried Nutrisystem.
I love it. I also hold 5 lb dumbells in each hand and work my arms....( I have major batwing issues going on.)

Get it!  you wont regret it!

RNY 5-5-2011

50andFabulous
on 8/7/11 12:09 pm - TX
Thanks everybody for the great advice!  You have all convinced me - I'm gonna go out and by the DVD's.  Thanks for all of your input!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 211 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?