Let's have an "air it out" session...

Anna M.
on 8/5/11 11:29 am - Manchester, NH
I feel like I'm doing something wrong every time I put food in my mouth like I shouldn't eat at all.

I'm afraid that once I'm at maintenance I will put the weight back on because I have no self control.

I'm afraid of the fact that I'm still hungry all the time and I have no idea how to get a handle on that because it MUST just be in my head right?

I feel better getting that out but its still scary feelings sometimes.

Thanks for starting the thread nik.

* Starting weight: 383 * Day of Surgery: 363 * Ticker includes weight lost pre-op *
ToBeAble
on 8/6/11 4:34 am
I was just eating a big ol' chocolate chip cookie while reading the OH messageboard.
This feels as wrong as when I used to binge while watching The Biggest Loser!

(I know that as long as it's only an occassional treat and I eat healthfully and exercise most of the time a treat is okay, but I also know I'm susceptible to binging behavior so I need to keep a close eye on this. I also know that while I don't generally dump, I don't feel great after eating a bunch of sugar...I'm still working on why I STILL want/chose those foods at treats when they don't make me feel good. )

Switching to cantelope now.

Laura

RNY 7/30/10  SW 302/CW ~150/First Goal 155 (reached 9/2011)
Extended TT & Medial Thigh Lift 7/16/12.  Arms, Butt Lift 2/6/13. 

hisxmorticia
on 8/6/11 9:19 am, edited 8/6/11 9:21 am - FL
im tired of being told stalls are normal, screw normal, lol. only being 6 weeks out & having ANOTHER stall, no weight loss is 2 weeks, is VERY frustrating. i was hoping to be much smaller & in better shape for our family trip this fall (just an overnight, but we're broke, so we're excited) & at this point i feel like its pointless!

oh & i started working out a couple of weeks ago, cardio, light weights for my upper body, i figured thatd help with loss, but NOPE, so why the hell am i even trying? blah

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lady Lithia
on 8/6/11 11:27 am
My biggest issue is FOOD

It's a Hate-Hate relationship

After surgery, it was easy, lots of rules, lots of issues.... it was simple and easy and I liked my relationship with food within tight boundries I didn't bridge.

I hated dumping. And after about 9 months, when the restriction kicked in, I frankly hated that too

Then I sorta went psycho and my calories tanked, and for a long time I was at 700 or less calories a day.

When that got better, my weight loss restarted, and I did okay. Now I'm back into the old groove of not eating nearly enough... it's bad. I know it's bad, and I have trouble finding a way out of this unhappy place I'm in.

I know that with the advent of really BAD reactive hypoglycemia, I began to fear foods. I didn't even think about dumping any more, or restriction or weight.... all I cared about was: Is this food going to make me have a sugar crisis? and IS this food going to KEEP me from having a sugar crisis? My fingers are pincushions and the one food item I ate in abundance has been off the shelves for months and I am having trouble finding anything else, and everything frightens me. So I just sorta stopped eating much.

That's my big deal. (And I'm still psycho enough to freak out that I'm FOUR freaking pounds over goal and get all psycho over that too)

I'm a mess.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views