Let's have an "air it out" session...

ktharp89
on 8/5/11 3:06 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 I want to add one thing to my "airing it out session" after reading other peoples.

I don't exercise. AT ALL. I am a lazy bum. I really really hate exercise. I complain when the scale doesn't move at all but I won't get off my ass and exercise. I hate to get sweaty. I think it is disgusting. I got this surgery so I would change my life and myself and yet I can't motivate myself to exercise??? What kind of bs is that. I keep hoping I will be one of the few people that loses all their weight without a lick of exercising but my weight loss is slowing down and I know thats what I need. I didn't exercise at first because I was so sick for so long but now I really have no excuse. Well I do have an excuse today....I'm waiting for my kidney stone to pass and it hurts like hell. BUT soon it will pass and then I will have no excuse.

End rant.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ladytazz
on 8/5/11 5:07 am
I struggled with exercising for a long time.  At first it was because I was still very fatigued.  It has taken nearly a year to regain some energy.  I also just don't like exercise but I know it is necessary.  After procrastinating I finally joined my local community center and now I go to a water aerobics class several times a week.  I hate to sweat, too, and this takes care of that problem and I also don't have to worry about overheating.  It is easier to exercise in the water and more effective because the water gives you more resistance.
I also bought a bike.  Ok, I bought two but that another story, and I am trying to get in at least an hour of bike riding a day.
If I can do it I know you can.  Just find something you can live with and commit to it.  I tell myself that I don't need to be running marathons or lifting weights or spending all my time in the gym.  I just need to find a way to be active for about an hour and that will work.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Bkritty
on 8/6/11 9:10 am
Ladytazz,

I am only 6 weeks post op but I started water aerobics at two weeks post op and for the first time in my life I actually don't dread my workout. I don't even mind having to get up at 6am to get both kids where they are going so that I can make it to the pool in time. I have already seen some definition in my arms that I have NEVER had before. After aerobics I have been doing laps...well I should say 1 lap because I am slowly building my endurance. My question is that I have heard from a lot of people that after a while water aerobics won't be effective enough in keeping the weight off. I am just wondering what your thoughts are on this since you are still doing it and seem to be doing well! I am really hoping I have found something that I enjoy and is effective that I can do long term to not only help lose fat and gain muscle but maintain that!

Kristie

Ladytazz
on 8/6/11 11:19 am
I've only been doing water aerobics for a short time but I didn't start to lose weight since I have already lost all the weight I want.  I am doing it to help my depression and to hopefully build up some muscle.  I think I lost a lot of muscle losing weight because I didn't exercise.  Also, my doctor has been nagging me for a year to exercise so hopefully this will keep him off my back
I don't know a whole lot about exercising but I don't see how any exercise will stop working if you do it regularly, unless you have specific goals as to definition or something.  Even walking will benefit you if you do it regularly.  I have heard some people say to mix things up when you are in a stall but for overall maintenance of health I think consistency is the key.

curious3069
on 8/5/11 3:30 am - Newton, IL
I ate the toppings (sausage & mushroom) and cheese off an entire 6 inch pizza for lunch.    Delicious, but no clue how I'm going to even begin figuring out how many calories/protein it had...plus I'm ready for a nap.

And if this is the biggest problem I have today, that's not too damn bad!!!

Ladytazz
on 8/5/11 4:32 am
Ok, I'll go even though I know people are going to hate me.  I always hated hearing about people complain about losing too much weight but at 107 lbs this is getting scary.  I am losing weight faster then when I was trying to lose weight.  I also hate the thought of watching the scale go back up even though I know it need to gain weight.  I am about 2 lbs away from underweight.  My body fat percentage is 23% though.  I don't remember ever weighing this little.  I eat pretty good.  I refuse to eat refined carbs so I am getting a lot of protein along with fruits, vegetables and healthy fats.  I just added a protein smoothie and will probably add another.  I started exercising after a year because it helps me emotionally, not to lose more weight but I guess it means I need to eat even more.  I still have a lot of restriction.  And I have no appetite so it is hard to eat more often.  I'm afraid my boyfriend is turned off by me.  I don't blame him.  I don't feel attractive.  My boobs are a mess, as is the rest of my body.  I will never be able to afford plastic surgery so I am just accepting it.  
I  have no sex drive.  This isn't new at all, it has been this way for a while.  I believe it is menopause.  My doctors won't give me hormone replacement.  My boyfriend is very patient, maybe too patient?  I have been having dreams that he is cheating.  When I told him he laughs and I trust him but then again, I wouldn't blame him.
Ok, this is hard.  I started smoking again.  Like an idiot.  I quit for about 9 months and I couldn't stop the cravings.  I have asked for Chantix again.  I will see my doctor next week and I am sure I will hear about it.  I was able to quit with the Chantix but when I stop it the cravings come back.
I have a 16 year old daughter.  I don't need to say anything more if you have teen age girls or have been a teen age girl.  She is spoiled rotten (thanks to me) and lazy as the day is long.  She is a compulsive eater and I am going broke trying to feed her.  To make things worse she is very picky.  Nothing is good enough for her unless it costs more money.  And she can and will make my life miserable until she gets her food, like any other addict.  And she is *****y generally.  It is driving me crazy.  I wouldn't let a man treat me the way she treats me.  Taking out all her teen age hormones on me.  I am praying for 2 more years and I will be done with teen age girls forever.  Until my grand daughter**** the teen years.  Then it is their parents problem.  This is my third daughter so I have been going through this since 2000.  My boys never gave me these kind of problems.

KittenLove
on 8/5/11 5:36 am - Around Knoxville, TN
I want to add to my original one, too:

We all know what it's like when you drop the weight and people are like, "how much do you weigh?", "you're wasting away...", etc. Well, that's expected the first year or so...um, here I am on the back end of year three and I swear to God, the past two weeks have been awful -- again. "How much do you weigh? " "'bout 135 or so..I just kinda go by my clothes these days.." "NO WAY! You are no more than 115!" Ugh. Some swear i'm smaller now...I'm 135.9 this morning but up to 142 some days...yet my jeans and slacks are all size 0 and I am SO F---ING TIRED OF FEELING LIKE I MUST JUSTIFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be happy. 

MoNicolette
on 8/5/11 6:20 am
 I feel you! I'm 145 JUST hit a year and I went to the doctor and he said what are you a buck 20 soaking wet? I'm like NO SIR! I'm dang near 150! Co-workers ask how much do u weigh now? And now? And now? And now? I've been 145 for like 3 months now. I'm still the same weight people. LMAO! Or they swear you've lost weight Shaking my head. I sure hope at 3 yrs out I don't have to curse somebody out!
Everything I'm not made me everything I am!

HW:265/SW:256/CW:145/GW:160
Kimberly W.
on 8/5/11 7:58 am
1.  I weigh myself a minimum of twice a day, once at night and once in the morning.

2.  I regularly eat beans (they are not on my plan until 6 months)  I sparatically eat potatos or pasta (a few bites, those arent on my plan until 75% of excess weight lost)

3.  I don't drink protein shakes, at all, cant stand them

mrslatch
on 8/5/11 9:43 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I just started back monitoring my eating and working out since having my daughter (she is 8 weeks old) and I can already feel my crazy workout habits trying to creep back in. I wear a heart rate monitor to work out, and no amount of calories burned seems like enough. I was working out 5-6 days a week before getting pregnant doing high intensity things like spinning and easily burning 600+ calories. Now...I get so frustrated I have to work out in small bursts 10-30mins at a time at home, and 'only' burning 300 calories a day just drives me insane. I have about 15lbs to go before I get to my first goal weight, meaning is the most I want to weigh for a goal weight. I want to get to 165 then re-evaluate.

I just obsess over burning calories and pants sizes. I can wear anything from an 8-12, and all I can seem to see is...Ugh, you can still wear a 12?! Um...2 years ago I'd have given my right arm to wear a size 12, and now that is not nearly good enough. So what will be? Nothing bigger than a 10? Nothing bigger than an 8? By some act of God a 6?! :-/
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics