Nausea--now??

shannon0731
on 8/1/11 11:26 pm - LA
OK, I have been nausea free since having the surgery almost a month ago. This morning had the same protein drink I have every other morning (I alternate between two) and wham, nauseous!  What gives?? Now, I do have to say that last night, I had a new food. Is it possible that I could be getting a delayed reaction to that?  It is not to the point of being sick but it is annoying!

Any advise would be truly appreciated--thanks!!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

cajungirl
on 8/1/11 11:36 pm
BTDT.

I have experienced it and seen others state the same.  I have no idea why one time it's OK and the next ya never know.  For me, I still have foods that I never know how I'll react to.

What type of protein shake are you using?  Are you using milk or water?  Maybe you are experiencing lactose intolerance.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 8/1/11 11:40 pm - OH
I really doubt it would be about the food you ate last night.

Maybe you drank the protein shake too fast?  But it may not be anything important.  I mean, even people that haven't had RNY get nauseous once in a while.

If it continues, then it might indicate a problem.  Hopefully it goes away soon.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

maggiet
on 8/2/11 12:50 am - Durham, NC
All of a sudden at about 2 months out I became nauseaous over the same foods I'd been happily eating. My nausea has lasted over a week but is getting better and last night I had steak, of all things, and it calmed my pouch down. I wouldn't worry about it if you can get other stuff down. If you can't get anyhting else down then I'd call the doc about a possible stricture.
Maggie

terilynn112
on 8/2/11 3:40 am - maryland, NY
I've had chronic nausea since about my 6 week mark. I'm now 6 months post op.

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 150 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 40 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 313 views