When will I feel normal again?

MrsFreund
on 7/18/11 11:14 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Oh Girl. I will be four weeks out tomorrow and I'm just now starting to feel better. I had the same issue with the belly pain. My Dr. also said it was nerves. It has only been about two days now that I haven't felt any pain. My Dr. also said internal stiches can cause nerve pain.

Also I know all about wanting my old life back. I'm never hungry but I still crave all the bad foods that I loved before surgery. I think it just takes time. I have been at a nine day stall and it's very hard on me. I keep beating myself up about not losing enough weight.

But at the end of the day we had this surgery to better our lives. And when the shock passes and we start to like what we see I think we will be okay.

kgee
on 7/18/11 11:20 pm - MD
 Hang in there!

At about week 4 I started getting more energy back.  I still have weakness in my legs when I walk long distances or trek up a flight of stairs, but each day it gets better.

lebrunfive
on 7/19/11 1:44 am
 I was right about 7 weeks before I stopped regretting my decision to have the surgery. it was a complete change from one day to the next as far as feeling lousy to feeling so much better. so hang in there......it gets so much better and then you will be very happy that you did this!!!  especially when you start buying all those smaller clothes ;)
MsBumbleBee
on 11/26/11 3:27 am
Hi,
I hope by now you are feeling better! i have kind the same question. My surgery was on 11/9 and it takes me 2 hrs to get dressed to do nothing but go back to bed Oh and this eating/drinking think no desire at all. I knopw i need protein but pas****er my stomach hates it all. I have NO energy and i wonder where do i go from here

Thanks for listening
MsBumbleBee
on 11/26/11 3:30 am

I knopw i need protein but pas****er my stomach hates it all

that should say passed water my stomach hates it all

AmberLee72
on 11/27/11 1:37 am
It gets so much better! It is so hard in the beginning. I thought I had made a terrible mistake. I am now 5 months post op. I live a very normal life. I can eat anything. ( I just make good decisions.) I am down 99lbs! I feel better than I have in years. All the pains went away fully by 12 weeks I'd say. Some people were really lucky and healed quicker. For me I had a burning pain to the left of my belly button. That finally went away by 12 weeks also! I was so unhappy when I wrote this. I promise things will get better!!!!! You just have to get through the hard transitional part! Good luck with everything! Im aways around to help.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.