Alchol Drinks!!

Tessmama_of4
on 7/10/11 9:05 am
I am the maid of Honor in my brothers wedding and next weekend is the Bacholorette Party I am throwing. My doctor says not to ever drink alchol again... I know lots of People do. Does anyone recommend anything??? I just want at least one, but I do not know what to try or don't know anything sugar free.. Please help me if you have any suggestions. Tomorrow I will be 11 weeks out. Or if you think I should just not try at all.
Karen M.
on 7/10/11 9:07 am - Mississauga, Canada
11 weeks?  Absolutely not. Sorry.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

lawmama
on 7/10/11 9:18 am
 I have not tried. And I am SUPER new. But I asked my doc this last week and he said that as long as it was truly a once in a blue moon and as long as I avoided the sugary drinks, one beverage wouldn't kill me. We particularly talked about a glass of wine. 

I am not encouraging or discouraging either way. Just make sure you have someone else who can drive if you do. 
Carebearny1999
on 7/10/11 9:20 am - Rochester, NY
11 weeks? Nope, I wouldn't! I'm 9+ MONTHS out and just attempted some Mike's light hard lemonade-didn't make me feel too great
Tammy R.
on 7/10/11 9:28 am - Covina, CA
I miss alcohol. My surgeon says 1 year but prefers never again, but my sisters doctor said only after 6 months. Truthfully not sure how it would affect you. Hope it doesnt make you sick and ruin your entire night, be careful.
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

DailyMae123
on 7/10/11 9:28 am
Would your brother appreciate you sprawled on the floor after your drink or maybe in the bathroom puking?  And 11 week old pouch will complain like you can't believe.  I sure would not risk it.
OK, all that said - I am 8 years out, I had 1/3 of a cider beer the other day and was almost comatose.
Have fun at the wedding it isn't about the alcohol.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/10/11 9:46 am - OH
At 3 months out, no, I would not recommend it... especially since you say you want "at least one".

Your pouch may still be somewhat sensitive and you have no idea how it will react (even a small amount may very well make you ill), alcohol is generally high in calories and carbs, and even a small amount of alcohol hits us VERY quickly and hard.

I am not a hardcore anti-alcohol person, but I have to ask why drinking alcohol is necessary.  You are just beginning to learn healthy new eating habits, so why not take the opportuntiy to extend your new healthy liestyle to include no (or very limited) alcohol?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Tessmama_of4
on 7/10/11 10:25 am
OK I am not going to even try it!!! I am not a big drinker I never have been. I am very scared to try it anyways!! I don't want any bad habits in my life anyways!!!  NO Alchol for me!! Thanks everyone for your input!!
hellokitty21
on 7/10/11 11:22 am
I would say don't risk it, especially this soon! The way my dr. explained it to me is that our livers, which were probably fatty to begin with, are working extra hard during this period of rapid weight loss. Drinking can exacerbate how hard the liver is working and could cause problems either now, or down the road. Good luck!
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 7/10/11 12:25 pm
Do you have to drink? Enjoy yourself and your family.
Congrats on your wls.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views