Need to vent....

laura_vermont
on 6/21/11 3:39 am
Your starting weight is close to mine - I looked to AVERAGE 10lbs a month when I was losing.  Some months lost more, some less.  I would never had lost that much, month after month, without my surgery.

Your vacation probably didn't help -- but when was the last time you lost weight on vacation???  Sounds like things are going pretty well to me.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 3:48 am - CA
 Laura, 

You are very sweet.  Thank you for your thoughtful words and encouragement.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  I know it will come off, in time.

How much to you exercise?  I am not sure on how much I should do....I am one of those people who either over does it or under does it....need to find balance.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
laura_vermont
on 6/21/11 4:54 am
Up until my abdominoplasty in March, I was exercising a minimum of 30 mins. a day, 5 days a week.  I've had a rough time bouncing back & my energy is pretty low - so I'm ashamed that I haven't gotten back to that.  I really really need to get back up to 5X a week.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

facethemusic
on 6/21/11 3:55 am
Your BF is right, be happy you've lost.  If you feel like you could of lost 2 pounds a week without surgery and kept it off then why have surgery?  I had surgery in April and I average 2 pounds a week.  Some weeks I don't even lose that.  

It's not considered a stall unless you don't lose for at least 4 weeks.  You're not in a stall your body is just slowing down a bit.  When I got close to breaking 200 my weight loss slowed quite a bit.  Then it picked right back up. 

Consider this you started at 236.  Your goal is 145.  That's a goal of losing 91 pounds.  You are a third of the way there in 7 weeks.  Why are you compalining?  Sorry if I sound like a ***** but you can't expect your body to lose rapidly all the time.  It's not good for you and your body needs time to process what has happened.  I'm a little over 8 weeks out and haven't lost much more than you.  I would suggest stepping off the scale and stepping up the exercise if you're concerned you aren't losing fast enough.  You will find though that in this journey there are going to be times you may not lose.  You may even gain a pound or two here and there.  If you keep following the plan and doing what you need to do the weight WILL come off.  

You managed to lose 2 pounds while on vacation and NOT getting your protein in.  I'd call that a success.  I can't remember the last time I lost weight on vacation.  
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 4:10 am - CA
 You are right!  You are so right!  I will step it up at the gm and with my protein.  I am going to be happy with my 2lb loss.  Hey I have ate one piece of pizza this week and still lost weight!  That is good right?  

Thanks for the 1/3 of the way there reference.  I never thought of it that way before.  I guess I am doing pretty good considering.  

I totally understand the comment "then why get the surgery", I guess I thought with the surgery I would lose so much faster then I have in the past.  However, in the past I would have gained weight on vacation, like my BF did (he he) and I would have gained back everything that I lost with in one year, like I ALWAYS did.  

Thanks for taking the time to kick my butt today....you are awesome!  AND you are doing AWESOME.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
princess_raspberry
on 6/21/11 4:05 am
Sorry you're frustrated.  I haven't had surgery yet, but I have been losing on my own pre-op.  We went to DisneyWorld a few weeks ago.  I walked a ton, ate right and gained 10 lbs!!  It was from all the hours in the car sitting on my ass, my body held on to so much fluid.  I lost it all within a week after getting home.  I think your time in the car for so long and the sodium from fast food probably put some water retention on you for sure.
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

Lisa R.
on 6/21/11 4:12 am - CA
 I think you are right.  I need to get some water weight off.  

I think is is awesome and incredible that you have lost 80lbs on your own!  You are exactly the right person to have this surgery, you are so committed.  Good for you!  I wish you the best of luck on your journey and thank you for taking the time to share with me today!

AWyldfire
on 6/21/11 4:51 am - OH
I feel ya on not losing as "fast" as others. This is what I was told we are considered "LIGHTWEIGHTS" so we prob don't have as much weight to lose as the others.  Our weightloss will be slower because of this.  I am going through the same thing right now. It is dicouraging, but then I put on a size 14 just for the shi&s and giggles of it and well guess what....they fit and I wore them proudly ALL day and kept saying "Here read the tag"! To all my friends and family !!!  Keep the faith we WILL get there !!! Good Luck on your Journey, I will be following you !!!
Keep The Faith,
Angi =)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?