energy suggestions pls

sexynblessed
on 6/14/11 1:21 am - Tacoma, WA
ok so today will be day 1 of no energy drinks i'm scared yet very ex cited at the same time though i am not cutting coffee yet out i am cutting the 1-2 energy drinks i consume a day out

any suggestions on what to do when you are feeling low on energy????

cajungirl
on 6/14/11 1:24 am
Have you had your labs done lately?

I'm so exhausted and just found out I'm anemic.  We were going to try 6 weeks of agressive iron supplementation but my doc has been very proactive and tomorrow I'm going to start iron infusions.

I've been tired for a while but dealing with lots of stress also.  I wasn't expecting anemia as my labs in December were fine.  My ferritin tanked quickly.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/14/11 1:47 am
Could you let me know how was and how you felt after the iron infusion tomorrow?
That's what I want to ask my doc about when I see him next week.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cajungirl
on 6/14/11 3:24 am
I sure will.  I was surprised when my PCP recommended infusions now.  I was being very diligent and aggressive the past couple of weeks with iron to HOPEFULLY start feeling better.  I honestly feel less energized the past couple of days.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

sexynblessed
on 6/14/11 1:29 am - Tacoma, WA
 wow no i haven't i need to have them done good idea 
gimpyolman
on 6/14/11 8:27 am - KY
First off worrying won't make your iron any better and I find worry and stress to be enough to drain your energy.  There is not much to really worry about.  I found high doeses of D3 and B12 - the kind that dissolves under the tounge to be a great way to boost the energy.  I took 5.000 I U of the D3 and a 1000 of the B12 twice a day.  This seemed to help me controll some of the anxiety I felt and had a natural calming effect.

Surgery will go fine without a whole lot of real pain -- I was like bruised on the incision site type pain and never needed even a tylenol. 

It will go OK and getting off the caffine will help a lot.  That alone can make you jittery.

on 4-12-2011 I weighed 298 Lbs at 5'10.   Today - on 6-12-2011 am at 240 and droping like a rock ... That is like 60 pounds in about 2 months!  In fact, my friends call me skinny now...lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views