One Year Anniversary -- I think I CAN eat too much!

beckyjo48
on 6/12/11 9:24 am - Kirkville, NY
I will be one year out on Tuesday and have lost 95 lbs and am really, really happy!  Except for one thing...I can eat just about anything and alot of it!  I get really hungry (real hunger) and seem to rotate between savory and sweet cravings.  It's like my appetite has gone haywire!  Has anyone else had this happen?

2behealthy
on 6/12/11 9:38 am - Hattiesburg, MS
I am almost a year out too. Now I still cannot eat a restaurant serving or like a full serving of anything so mostly I can eat a half of a serving from let's just use canned chicken for example. I always cut in half. Another example is I get a 6" grilled chicken flat bread sandwich from subway and I can only eat half of that. Eating some sweets do not cause me to dump so I have to stay away from that or I will be back to where I started. Types of food do not make me sick either. So I am happy that I can portion control easier now. Hopefully you can work on that. If you eat carbs though that can cause you to be hungry so fast after eating. So watch the carbs. Hope this helps.

HW 356  SW 334 CW 236 GW 170    
Tonya S.
on 6/12/11 10:24 am
WOW- so mu*****ommon. I'm also one year out and have lost 98lbs. I am happy but have 40 to go and have not lost a single pound in FOUR months! YES- 4 months! Needless to say I'm more than a little mad.

After e-mailing my dietian, and trying everything I could think of- less exercise, more, less food, more food, eating a week of junk food, more protien nothing worked to budge the scale. Well this week at my one year appt, I was told it is my calories that is the problem. I could not imagine that I was eating as much as I did. She counted up my calories for 24 hours and I was well over 1500!

My new directive is to only count calories- religiously. I need to be at 1200 a day. Today is day one and I'm STARVING! So - yes I so know what you are talking about! I did not think I could eat that much at one time, but I think I was eating to often. As most fat girls know- we don't like to be hungry!!!

Good luck!

" You will be safe in his arms, the hands that hold the world are holding your heart"
acowandabean
on 6/12/11 10:51 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 08/02/10 with
The restriction of WLS is only one of the tools for success. You need to continue to develop all of the tools are the stomach stretches a bit and malabsorption of calories and fats decreases. You have done great so far and now is the time to keep working on the whole list of food issues most of us have by the time we get to having surgery. You are worth it and so is your success.
Every dinner needs a side dish, on a slightly smaller plate. - Book of Mormon (The Musical)

Starting weight: 354    Surgery weight: 322     Current weight: 183  

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/12/11 12:13 pm - Belleville, IL
Congrats on your surgiversary. Mine is in a couple weeks too, and I have lost to my goal (well over 100 lbs).

Welcome to the REAL WORLD of WLS, which is you can eat EVERYTHING you could PRE-OP...
This is why everyone keeps saying this is a TOOL... Because it is.

THis is why people REGAIN, because they go back to OLD habits, because they can.

Measure your food...It matters NOT if you can EAT a 10 oz steak, eat only 3 oz. It matters NOT if you can eat 2 cups of oatmeal eat only 3/4 cup and NO MORE...

Yes, REAL hunger comes back. I never had a point in my surgery when I wasn't hungry. I've been hungry from the time I woke up, nor have I ever felt "full" which is why I have to MEASURE everything diligently.

Exercise (if you don't already) and keep your calories UNDER 1200. Protein should ALWAYS be first and you must get 60-90 grams a day. Vites and minerals EVERYDAY...

These are not just rules for LOSING weight but what you must do the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Good luck,
Warmly,
Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?