NUVISTA COUPON CODE

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/8/11 8:40 am - OH
I stand corrected.  Apparently I did not scroll completely to the bottom beyond the large chart.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Siberia
on 6/8/11 9:55 pm

Hi Lora...not a problem!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/7/11 11:55 pm
Thanks. But that is way too much carbs and teh artificail stuff ion there.. definetly not so good, IMO. BTW: the 750 mg calcium - sicne we can only absord app 500 at the time - the rest will end up in the bowels and may add to constipation issues a lot of us have anyway.

The the corn syrup solids - not so good additive to a good shake. That may be good for a general population, but for WLS RNY person - not so much, IMO. Iron in there - is useless... With so much calcium - all will end up in the gut additionally contributing to constipation and it is the worst iron anyone for us,. post op RNY...

And lest not forget about the price... at $199 for  just 60 servings... - that is WAY too much money.... to sp[end on a product that is not really that good...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Siberia
on 6/8/11 2:44 am
The carbohydrate grams are from inulin a prebiotic fiber ( a complex CHO), so help with glycemic control (normalization of blood sugar). 

There is only 1 gram of sugar in one packet (corn syrup solids).

Bariatric patients need to take in at least 1500 mg Ca per day along with Vit D3.  Consuming non-starchy vegetables and tolerated fruits in small amounts will aid in relieving constipation.

The product contains vitamins/minerals and fiber. You get what you pay for.
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/11 3:05 am
You get what you pay for? you are kidding right? whey concentrate not isolate - and it does not specify that the whey is from milk of cows not treated with RGBhormons or antibiotics, non natural source of Vit E, artificail sweeteners and flavors, not good iron for the RNY person?  Corn sugar solids?  you call that quality product?  I would not give that to my cat or the dog.   So much crap in this.  And to charge premium for that?  you are ether crazy or you are the sales person taht tries to push sub-quality product on people who may not know any better than that.   

Give me a break.  I can get a really good quality product for a fraction of what this costs.    Be real... this is not a good product for RNY or DS person. 
I put in color the stuff that is questionable as for a ":high quality" product. Sorry - but it is not only horrible expensive product for what we  try topush, but it is also not that good. 

WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE (MILK), MALTODEXTRIN, ENRICHED INULIN (INULIN, OLIGOSACCHARIDE), CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, FOOD STARCH-MODIFIED, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE TRIBASIC, REFINED VEGETABLE OILS (HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER, CANOLA, FRACTIONATED COCONUT), TRIPOTASSIUM CITRATE, MAGNESIUM HYDROGEN PHOSPATE, CHOLINE BITARTRATE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, L-ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID ESTERS OF MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES (AN EMULSIFIER), ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER: SUCRALOSE, FERROUS SULFATE, DL-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ZINC SULFATE, NIACINAMIDE, CALCIUM D-PANTOTHENATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, CUPRIC SULFATE, THIAMINE CHLORIDE HYDROCHLORIDE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, VITAMIN A ACETATE, FOLIC ACID, CYANOCOBALAMIN, POTASSIUM IODIDE, SODIUM SELENITE, CHROMIUM CHLORIDE, PHYLLOQUINONE, SODIUM MOLYBDATE, D-BIOTIN, VITAMIN D3.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Siberia
on 6/8/11 3:09 am
What protein supplement do you use?

What are the ingredients?
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/11 3:34 am

I use Beyond Whey for a great all natural whey proteins source.
Then I also use About Time Whey Line of products,
If I am am out - I use as a back up - MRM line Whey concentrate naturals. 
And any other - natural - no artificial colors, flavors or sweats.
Calcium - any calcium citrate.  (powder - can be added to shakes - it does not change the taste of the shake), or in caps or pill form.
Mag - good quality Mag citrate and mag oxide
Iron - Heme iron or carbonyl iron (no binding, no irritating for most people post op WLS iron)

Vit A - need to be dry form.

vit E- only natural and vit E need to be multi form version. Dl-alpha - is a synthetic with a very poor absorption even for normal people. 

and post op RNY -= adding the veggies and fruits is easier said that that - we have a lot of restriction... 
oils - only healthy oils - fish oil, and all other natural, unrefined... organic.
And if there is so much fiber - how come it only lists 5 gr of fiber? (15 carbs).    

For $100 per month I can get a very good, high quality vitamins and minerals. Top of the line exactly how much and what my body needs and can absorb. Then add $50 for more than 2 x as much proteins - bio available as it is in your $199 packages .

And, in all mu  prot and supplements... they will be exactly what my body can absorb. 
in case you did not know - we can't absorb iron when we take calcium or zinc with it.  (except the heme iron)

Andrea U.
on 6/8/11 3:11 am - Wilson, NC
I could add to the list if they really want to claim to be "high quality" --

BA makes a much better product with GOOD vitamins, GOOD protein, and its MUCH lower in price.

And they don't try to push so hard.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/8/11 6:40 am - OH
$200 for 60 servings?!?!? Ho-ly cow!  Now I don't care at ALL what it has in it... that's outrageous (even if their dubious nutritional claims were ture)!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 3:40 am
Siberia is a practitioner.- Just fyi-
Most Active
Recent Topics