Pilates....yes? No? Maybe So?

katiedid_911
on 5/31/11 2:48 am
Hello all!  I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  I had a great weekend and even lost weight...WAHOO! 

With the warmer weather is coming less clothing and I really need to tone up my arms and tummy and was wondering what you all think of Pilates?  I've tried Yoga, but I wasn't impressed.  I've heard mixed reviews about Pilates, but nothing from actually bypass patients, so, can you give it to me straight?  And if not Pilates, what do you suggest, besides plastics?  LOL  
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

aseg21
on 5/31/11 3:00 am - Miami, FL
I've found Pilates to be a hard core workout. I've taken boot camp fitness classes and body works with abs classes and found Pilates to be the best workout. It hasn't done much for tightening the skin on my stomach but has been great for my arms and I can usually feel the burn in my abs when I'm done. Other than Pilates, I've found the boot camp workout and running to be the best ones for me. Zumba has been a lot of fun for cardio but hasn't tightened or toned anything for me.

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

nancybugg
on 5/31/11 3:10 am - Riverview, FL
I take a standing pilates class once a week.  I absolutely love it.  I really feel the workout in my core.  I've never taken a regular pilates class becuase it's only offered in the morning when I'm at work.  I love how standing pilates helps with my balance though, which is also great for your core!
Start Weight:  282; Current Weight:  192; Goal Weight 150
katiedid_911
on 5/31/11 3:13 am
So, what about a Pilates DVD or anything for the Wii?
Come visit my blog, Is This For Real?!?  katiedid911.blogspot.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views