Best Meal Replacement?

sunny_in_texas
on 5/27/11 11:19 pm - San Antonio, TX

In preperation for my surgery, I have been told I need to start taking a meal replacement. I have tried a couple and they tast pretty darn bad. Can anyone suggest any that taste decent? If you give me the name I can look it up and see if it meets the requirements my nutritionist has set.

Sunny B.

Decide what to be and go be it.....

kimtres
on 5/27/11 11:42 pm - Doha, Qatar
Bariatric Fusion has a Cinnamon Bun that is fabulous.  I also love their Mint Chocolate Ice Cream.

I also really like Unjury's Chocolate Splendor (although it's not a full meal replacement).

princessfrogee
on 5/27/11 11:54 pm - AL
I am still pre-op myself, so not sure what classifies as "meal replacement", but so far my favorite is the Premier Nutrition shake.  30g protein, 3g fat, 5g carb, 160 calories, 1g sugar   It does not taste chalky or watery or loaded in protein.  Tastes close to choc milk.  Creamier than most and good flavor.  I get mine at Sam's Club and some have said they found it at Costco.  The EAS Myoplex Lite is my 2nd fav. But DID NOT like the vanilla.  I couldn't even fini****  The chocolate is completely different.  Not as creamy as the Premier shake, but still good.  170 cals, 2g fat, 20g carb, 4g sugar, 20gprotein.  This one you can get in Vanilla or Choc.  You can also get it in the pre-made shake or the bag of powder.  I have not tried the powder, so maybe the vanilla could be fixed in your own way to taste better than the pre-made vanilla? This I got at Sam's also but have heard that Walmart also carries it.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
johnsoca
on 5/28/11 12:05 am - Madison, AL
I'm also a big fan of the Premier protein shakes. They are my standard breakfast.  In fact, I'm drinking a vanilla one right now. My favorite flavor is the chocolate. My Costco always has the chocolate and carries the vanilla as a special a couple of times a year.
christinalee
on 5/28/11 1:11 am - At Home in, NH

In my pre-op weight loss journey, I'm using HMR 800 Chocolate shakes as a meal replacement for two meals plus a snack daily, followed by a lean protein/veggie/whole grain dinner.

They are creamy and depending on how you make them (blender vs blender bottle), they can be extremely "milk shakey" or more like a consistency of a chocolate milk.  

Google HMR Health Management Resources.  I'm absolutely sure post-op they are too high in sugars/carbs, but for pre-op weight loss, they are doing the trick/filling the need.

They run about $2.00 per packet. Not to be misconstrued as any kind of pitch, just-sayin'--they work for me.

Carrie W.
on 5/28/11 4:51 am - KY
Go to vitalady.com. She's got tons and tons of protein shakes and she sells sample sizes so you don't go broke trying to find one you like. Also you can get most if not all of your post op supplements there too which saves shipping. Good luck!
Peppermintstick
on 5/30/11 7:25 am - Woodstock, CT
Hi...My Name is Jennie I am new and I am contemplating the Gastric Bypass...To answer your question

Take a look at the website called www.medifast1.com it has alot of variety of foods that might be an option for you as far as meal replacements I've tried just about everything and it's pretty good stuff I think.  They have puddings(yummy) softserve (oh so yummy) shakes, bars, oatmeal and such.  For the chocolate pudding to give you an example:  It has 110 calories, 1g fat 15 grams of carbs, 4 grams of dietry fiber, 9grams of sugar and 14 grams of protein.
They have another site calle www.tsfl.com I believe you can order single packets if you want to try them instead of a whole box. And maybe you can use them even after your surgery

Hope this helps
Good Luck with your journey!
saj8380
on 12/12/13 1:09 am - MD

Try Pure Protein

Most Active