Foamies- unknown reason Any ideas

chrisgraves
on 5/21/11 12:29 am - MA

I'm having a foamies Attack and I"m not sure why.  Has anyone else had this particular circumastance or anything similar:

I woke up late for my Zumba class.  Took my Prilosec at 8:30.  My program I have to take this first and then  wait 30min to consume anything else.  At 8:55, just before my class started I took my prescription vit D, cranberry , Zinc and Krill (small Omega).  I took these in two swallows.

Jumped into my Zumba class and was doing fine until about 9:30 when my guts started cramping.  I left class to come home and have been heaveing foamies in 20 min intervals since then.  It doesn't taste like half digested pills so I don't think they got stuck.

I haven't had anything to eat and I'd estimate that I've only had about 16oz of water total.  I just have no idea what set this off.  Maybe I should have waited to take my pills till after class?

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
Pupcake !.
on 5/21/11 12:41 am - Stranded in, IA
I think you needed to drink more water after you take your pills.

I take my (handful)  with a couple sips then drink a bunch to push them out of my pouch, they absorb in the intestines for me.

with the prilosec decreasing the stomach acid they wouldn't dissolve well anyway.  Is the crill a gel cap?

Pup 
chrisgraves
on 5/21/11 1:22 am - MA
Actually the kirll, cranberry and vit D were gel caps.  Think that might have been a contributing factor.  I do generally take them with about 16oz of water in the Am over a 20 minute period I was just rushing this morning.
Pupcake !.
on 5/21/11 1:47 am - Stranded in, IA
I know how the rushing goes.

Do you know RNY'ers don't absorb gel caps well, esp with an acid reducer.

I take capsules but they have powder inside

Take care and I hope you feel better soon

Pup
chrisgraves
on 5/21/11 6:35 am - MA

Hi Pup,

Yes, I"m aware that we don't absorb the gel caps as well.  But the Vit D is what the doc perscribed and the others I'm having trouble finding in a pill form that is swallowable.  Knock on wood my blood work is all coming back on target.  If there's any drops in the future I'll have to re-assess what Im taking.  Thanks for the info if I hadn't know it I would have been in for a surprise espciall since supplements aren't excatly cheap. 

walterswife
on 5/21/11 3:25 am
Had you eaten anything before taking all of those pills?  If not perhaps you waited too long to eat after you had taken them.

I have had the foamies but it was in connection with eating too fast and not chewing well enough.  I feel your pain.  It is an awful feeling.

Hope you feel better and find the answer to the problem.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

chrisgraves
on 5/21/11 6:38 am - MA
Nope I hadn't eaten anything at all.  Pup had mentioned maybe I hadn't had enough water so once I started drinking more this morning the heaves and the foamies stopped.  (Thank goodness) I'm keeping to liquids (protein drinks) for the  rest of the day as I just seem a bit off.

Got to remember to just slow down I think, some days I just feel so "Normal". 

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
seattledeb
on 5/21/11 10:30 am
I still get random foamies. Usually for me it's drinking something too fast.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 218 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?