Looking for help and support

JerricaB
on 4/28/11 1:03 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I had gastric bypass three weeks ago, April 5th.  I don't take in my protien or vitamins.  Its HIGHLY rare that I eat anything.  I have hit a hault in my weight lose already.  My start weight was 414 lbs and I am now 381 lbs.  I am struggling with not being able to eat like a normal person as well.  I am often exhausted.  I still excersice.  I am down in the dumps about everything that has to do with my surgery.  I want to lose weight none stop and still be normal.  I am ready to seperate my self from life (family, friends, ect.).  I have to cook in my home and can't eat it.  I have to watch others eat and go out to eat with them and watch or stay home alone so I don't have to watch.  I'm beginning to hate life.  Can someone that has been here please help me. 
acbbrown
on 4/28/11 1:13 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Ummmm why are you not eating anything or taking in protein? You should be able to drink protein shakes at this point. YOU NEED FOOD, it is your friend. I know through years of dieting we stopped believing that, but "Starvation mode" is real, and you will mess up your metabolism and ultimately loss less weight by not eating. You probably should take it easy with the exercise until you are eating and taking vitamins - your body needs fuel for workouts.

It's going to be hard for a bit. If someone told you otherwise, they lied to you. If someone told you that the weight loss was going to go straight down, non stop, they lied to you. Our bodies still have their own funky ways of shedding the fat, so you have to be patient. Just ride through the storm, and you will feel better.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Fatback2
on 4/28/11 1:48 pm
Everybody goes through that at first, but you will be able to eat soon and then you will wish you were back to not eating.  It will get better.  I can now eat anything, and that scary.  Hope I continue to lose.  I am only 3 months out and have loss 70 lbs.
Ladytazz
on 4/28/11 1:53 pm
You just had major surgery 3 weeks ago.  You are making big changes.  It will take a while but it will get better.  There will come a time you will enjoy eating again.  You will be normal, but it will be a different kind of normal then you have been used to.  Give yourself time.
As far as weight loss, you are right on time for the 3 week stall.  You will hit stalls every now and then.  It is just part of the process.  The best way to deal with them is not to weigh yourself very often.  If you only weigh yourself once a month I can almost guarantee you will see a loss every time.  If you weigh yourself daily you have to accept that it will be up, it will be down and it will stay the same on any given day and you have to look at the big picture.  I weigh myself daily and have from the beginning but only after I knew I could accept what I see and not get upset by the daily fluctuations.
As far as the vitamins and protein, I can tell you it will take time to get all these things in.  Just try the best you can to do better then you did the day before.  What really gave me an incentive to get in all my protein and water was hearing from people say that their weight loss really took off when they got in enough protein and water.  That has been the case for me.  I get in 100 grams of protein and 100oz of water, at least, every day and I am very happy with my weight loss.  You may not get there for a while but you can get there. 
Once the weight starts falling off and the compliments are nonstop, you will start to be happy with your surgery and that will give you the motivation to keep things going.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

rlw99
on 4/28/11 2:07 pm - Oakland, CA
You need to eat and start taking the vitamins. Start now. Eating is probably not going to be enjoyable for awhile, but you need to get the food in or you may find yourself with complications and back in the hospital.

What does your plan tell you to be eating at this stage? Your pouch may be very sensitive and you may need to try a bunch of different things to figure out what it can tolerate. At 3 weeks out I was eating 1/4 cup of modified full liquids (cream of wheat, grits, apple sauce, sugar free pudding, cream soups, yogurt, sugar free popsicles, etc) 3x per day. I had a lot of yogurt and grits. I recall getting soooooo sick of that stuff. Life was much better when I advanced to the next stage and could eat cheese, soft meats, fish, eggs and soft fruits. Those are still my favorite things to eat.

Remember - This stage is temporary. Feeling crappy is temporary. Becoming accustom to the diet and having your guts rearranged will all take time. Keeping exercising. Follow the meal plan. Try to get through each day, one at a time. Track what you're doing and eating. Try not to get discouraged. Don't step on the scale every day (I know, I know - easy to say, almost impossible to do!).

I had surgery 5 months ago and had a month long stall after just one week out, as well as several plateaus that lasted a few weeks each. I lost 19lbs the first week, nothing at all in December, 14 lbs in January, 6.5 lbs in February, 4 lbs in March and 11 lbs so far this month. This hasn't happened as quickly as I expected it would and I've lost sleep and toiled over that on many occasions. However, looking at the bigger picture, I've done really well and am in a much different place than I was 9 months ago. I have lost 87 lbs altogether since I started this journey in August (and 56 lbs since surgery in November) - my surgeon, nutritionist and everyone has told me that I am right on track. I've dropped 7 sizes and can shop in regular size stores. I feel better than I ever have.

Hang in there, it get's better.

bizzymommi
on 4/28/11 3:50 pm, edited 4/28/11 3:51 pm - CA
Jerrica, listen to me. I hear you and I am there with you. I am comming out the other side now but I spent almost a month hating eating, my vitamins, not being able to get off the couch, and cutting myself off from family, friends, and commitments. I have two young children so I also must cook things that I cannot eat ( I cried the night I threw away half a pot of mac and cheese I wouldve inhaled pre surgery.) My doctor put me on anti depressents which I wouldnt take for 2 weeks for pride purposes but after I read a lot about how other people also had to use them to get through these early side effects. (Hormone imbalance, depression, feelings of mourning (for food), and loss of a powerfull coping mechanism) I was impowered to not care about stigma and take them so I can feel better. You must force yourself to eat whats on your plan or you will not lose weight you will lose muscle and you must take your vitamins or you could damage your body including nerve damage. After a week of not taking vitamins I developed excessive numbness in my foot and arm.  So because I care I am asking you to take care of yourself, not because you feel like it now, but because you will wish you would have later.
Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
Nicole 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3ulili/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3ulili/s-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

ohioh
on 4/28/11 11:38 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Please listen to what everyone is saying, and what Bizzimommi saying above is so important.  You must start getting in your vitamins, water and protein every single day without fail.  Trust me when I say that when you get in all of those things your weight will start coming off better.  I know it sounds crazy when I say that when you get in more calories the weight will come off better, but your body is holding onto everything because it thinks it is starving. You will feel so much better too because you will have so much better with the protein, water and vitamins.  It's good that you got on here for support and be sure to let us know how you are doing!!!!  Take care!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views