Pre-surgery Jitters

birthdaygirl
on 4/11/11 1:03 am - Lithonia, GA
On April 11, 2011 at 1:44 AM Pacific Time, robynlynnm wrote:
Wow, what is the age range?  You are cooking for a small army so I can understand now. Can't wait to see a pic. 
yeah...I am a self-made restaurant cook in my house......all I do is ring the meal bells and say "Come and get it"

my kids are 19, 15,14,12,10,9,8,7,6,and 5.................

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
immafatgirl
on 4/10/11 10:16 am - KY
i have fears to. i have asthma and narcolepsy . i always think what if they cant wake me up.
what if i cant breath whn i come to??
what if i bleed out?
what if this is the end of everything?? im having days where i think i can do this on my own. but i know i cant . ive tried to much and to hard and guess what im fat again.. so im going to have to have surgery and try to fix the problem ive carried so long. i hink it will teach me how to better take care of my body. its surgery thats why we are scared
 its the lifestyle change.
its the what ifs that keep the world from spinning. what we need to say is . i know i can i know i can .
just like the lil ole choo choo. it made it . we will all be fine and all the positive feedback you have on here. its just the best thing eva... this site has been the best thing so far since i knew i was having the RNY.. im still scared . but its not as bad . not yet anyways.
Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 10:33 am - FL
I like that mantra - I think I might just steal it from ya - "I know I can! I know I can! I know I can!"
Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 10:32 am - FL
Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for your responses!  It is really helpful to hear all these encouraging words and to know that I am not alone!  I definitely have supportive people in my life but right now some of them are more scared than I am - which is not so helpful.  My mom arrives tomorrow and will be with me for a week and I know she will be a rock for me.  I have listed out all the reasons I am embarking on this journey and all the positive outcomes it will bring and trying to remain as strong and postive as possible. Deep breathing when all else fails! 
curious3069
on 4/10/11 10:39 am - Newton, IL
Going thru the exact same thing!!!   My surgery is Wednesday and even though I've wanted it and worked at getting approved for over a year, I'm totally having second thoughts.     And way too much anxiety so I'm relying on my little friend, Ativan, to get me thru the next few days!!!!!

Best of luck to you, I think we're all going to do great!!!!!
lmcpokey17
on 4/10/11 11:18 am - Kingsport, TN
You will do beautifully. I have to wonder if you're not a little bit crazy not to have some worry and anxiety right before a major life change. My surgery was November 23rd. I was discharged on Thanksgiving day. I had that same worry and angst right before surgery, but now, I'd do it all over again. I can run around and chase my four kids like never before! 90lbs are gone, and I have my life back!

Vicki E.
on 4/11/11 3:41 am
I had my surgery 3/2 and was terrified.  The day of the surgery I was so nervous.  When they finally wheeled me to the operating room I was just ready to get it over.  Everyone in the o.r. was wonderful.  They joked with me and made me feel at ease. 

You will be fine....Just remember to walk, walk, walk after surgery.  And dont ve shy to ask for more pain meds. 

Good Luck,
V :)
 “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be? George Sheehan

Carrie W.
on 4/11/11 5:09 am - KY
I sort of got lucky with my pre-surgery jitters.  I lost my job 2 days before surgery so I had lots of other stuff to think about! 

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 31 replies · 199 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 47 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 315 views