Pre-surgery Jitters

Barbie F.
on 4/10/11 8:41 am - ME
i was in a panic the night before mine..i almost cancled out.. but the actual day of surgery i wasnt scared at all.. your going to do well and you'll be so happy you have done it..  good luck..

tricia lynch
on 4/10/11 7:34 am - thorold, Canada
pre jitters are always expecting for any HUGE change in a persons life keep your head up and look at the reward in the end.. wish you all the best in your new Journey in life..
Kimanne01
on 4/10/11 8:29 am
I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow. I can totally relate to what you are feeling. I am trying to focus on the excitement of feeling better, looking better and living a healthy lifestyle. But of course fear and doubt keep creeping into my head! I know for myself that this is absolutely the right decision and it sounds like the same is true for you too! Focus on the positive (as hard as that is) and surround yourself with people who offer you support! I wish you much luck on tuesday and cant wait to hear about your progress!!!
Barbie F.
on 4/10/11 8:38 am - ME
Yes make sure you have postitive people around you.. I had a few that focused on bad things which scared me even more.. i went over a yr listening to these few say stuff an the closer it got to the surgery time the more i was scared..  It is a life style change but well worth all the fears you go through.. the healthier your going to be and feel..  Good luck to the one whos surgery is tomorrow..  and everyone else almost there..  you'll do just fine.. and soon will be healthy and happy you did this..

Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 10:36 am - FL
Thank you!  Much luck to you, too - I'll be sending out some positive thoughts for you tomorrow!
annachristine
on 4/10/11 8:34 am
 I had my surgery on Mar. 29. I, too, felt my anxiety building each day up to the surgery. I have had no problems since my surgery. It is hard to believe that I am on day 12 post op now. Good luck! May your surgery be as uneventful as mine...
birthdaygirl
on 4/10/11 8:43 am - Lithonia, GA
you will be fine...sending many healing blessings your way!....I had the exact same feelings before the birth of each of my 10 kids......before each of 3 c-sections, before my gallbladder was taken out, before RNY in 08, and recently before my panniculectomy on March 3

Everytime my kids picked a flower out the yard coming home from school, or my kids or hubby say something weird to me, or a commercial came on tv about anything I would try to interpret it as a reason to not have the procedures.

On March 3 at 5:30 a.m. my hubby and kids dropped me off at hospital and then after he got home called me on my cell...I took it as a sign to come back and pick me up!...lol....It is just nerves and is natural..

Once you get to thee holding area and they give you some Versed in your IV it will be over before you know it!

now I look back at how far I have come but I am sure I will have those same anxious feelings again in a month or so when my breasts and thighs are done....so I have my Ambien and Xanax ready!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
robynlynnm
on 4/10/11 10:25 am - Westminster, MD

ok Birthdaygirl, my jaw is dropping at having 10 kids!!!!!! OMGosh how the heck do you do that.  Are you not tired all the time?  Who has time to eat with 10 kids? LOL

birthdaygirl
on 4/10/11 1:05 pm - Lithonia, GA
On April 10, 2011 at 5:25 PM Pacific Time, robynlynnm wrote:

ok Birthdaygirl, my jaw is dropping at having 10 kids!!!!!! OMGosh how the heck do you do that.  Are you not tired all the time?  Who has time to eat with 10 kids? LOL

girl with much prayer and Xanax......lol!....and I have no twins but they run on both sides of my family....

I am excited about taking my first family photo this year and I will post it....I have a husband of 19 years and 7 sons and 3 daughters...

I cook all the time and ate which contributed to the weight...lol

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
robynlynnm
on 4/10/11 6:44 pm - Westminster, MD
Wow, what is the age range?  You are cooking for a small army so I can understand now. Can't wait to see a pic. 
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 31 replies · 203 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 47 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 315 views