Pre-surgery Jitters

Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 6:39 am - FL
I am scheduled for surgery on Tuesday! Up until last night I was (mostly) calm and confident in my decision. Suddenly, last night, I began to have feelings of worry and fear accompanied by nagging thougts of doubt. Today I have been going back and forth between excitement and periods of almost panic-inducing fear.   Most of my family and friends have never been through something like this so they just aren't sure what to say to comfort me.   I'm trying to keep myself focused on the positive and all the reasons why I chose to start down this path in the first place...  I guess I'm just looking for a little extra support, encouragement, and reassurance. 

nancy409
on 4/10/11 6:46 am - PA
I totally understand where you are coming from.  My surgery is tomorrow.  I am pretty calm today but also have those nagging worries and fear that you are having.  We will both be on the losing bench soon and will hopefully laugh at our pre-surgery jitters.  Good luck and see you on the boards in a couple of days.

Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 7:14 am - FL
Thanks, I look forward to sharing those laughs! Good luck to you as well. I will send up some positive thoughts for you tomorrow! 
Dee2011
on 4/10/11 11:47 am - PA
Good luck on your surgery tomorrow,  Dr. Wilcox, Dr, Felix's partner did my surgery Friday. I'll keeo you in my prayers and thoughts,
HETSB
on 4/10/11 6:49 am
I just had surgery on 4/4 and it will be a week tomorrow.  I have to tell you it has really been a breeze for me.  I know everyone is different and I was pretty active prior to surgery.  Well as active as you can be at over 250lbs! :)  I had my surgery late in the day on Monday and by Thursday I was back to my routine.  SAHM with 3 kids taking them to school etc.  I was off of my pain meds by Tuesday no vomiting and no real belly pain. Getting the liquid in is a challenge, but I know that will come with time.  The best part...I have lost 14lbs since Monday!  Keep your eye on the goal and you will do great!  I looked at lots of success stories on here and youtube when I needed encouragement!
Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 7:16 am - FL
Congrats on your success - that is wonderful to hear!  Thanks for the reassuring words, they are much appreciated! 
Barbie F.
on 4/10/11 7:00 am - ME
i had my gastric bypass march 28th.. i was terrified.. almost cancled it.. i had never been so scared of surgery before.. the things that was goin through my head.. im glad i did it.. the day of surgery i wasnt scared at all.. the toughest thing im dealing with now is wanting to try something besides jello, yogurt, protien shakes, water.. tomorrow will be 2 weeks i go for my follow up tuesday but i want a bite of a soft boiled egg now..lol just to try it..  good luck you will do fine..

Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 7:18 am - FL
Thanks for sharing how scared you were - makes me feel more "normal."  Sounds like you are doing well and I wish you continued success!
melissa22886
on 4/10/11 7:01 am
my surgery is tuesday too. so far i have been calm but every morning for the last 2 nights i wake up scared that these may be the last times i wake up. but during the day i've been fine. we will see how tomorrow goes with me but i am sure i will be panicking! i wish you a fast recovery
Rising_Phoenix
on 4/10/11 7:20 am - FL
Good luck - I will be sending up some positive thoughts for you on Tuesday.  Thanks, and I wish you a quick recovery as well. 
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 165 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views