Tasty Ready Made Protein Shakes????

Kiya95
on 1/9/11 11:25 pm - MD
Morning Guys,

Curious to know if anyone knows of any tasty yet affordable protein shakes out there. I am preparing for my 2 week liver shrinking diet and as a single parent I need something ready made and convenient but tasty as well. Please give me any ideas!

Thanks in advance,
Kiya
Wired
on 1/9/11 11:27 pm - St Charles, IL
EAS Myoplex Carb Control - Royal Chocolate taste amazing, and you can get them ready made at most walmarts or walgreens.
Kiya95
on 1/9/11 11:33 pm - MD
Thanks a bunch!!!!
nessa3678
on 1/9/11 11:50 pm - LA

I like the EAS mayoplex as well.  My favorite is the strawberry but I like the vanilla and chocolate too!  I get them from Wal-Mart and are a little over $4 for a pack of 4.

1st goal reached in 6 months!                     
    2nd and final goal to reach by 4/29/11...(10 months post-op)
Kiya95
on 1/10/11 12:02 am - MD
Yeah I keep hearing that they are good... Thanks!
Pam T.
on 1/9/11 11:46 pm - Saginaw, MI
 I haven't found a brand of RTD protein shakes that I'd call "Tasty" -- and I've tried a ton of 'em. I would rather spend an extra 60 second and just make my own from scratch. (Yes, it really only does take a minute to make.)

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Kiya95
on 1/9/11 11:59 pm - MD
Lol... 60 Seconds??? Really? I'm a single mom of two and I'm always on the go so I need something I can just throw in my bag and go... But for the days that I'm not super busy I would love your recipe on how to make them at home...

Thanks,
Kiya
poet_kelly
on 1/10/11 12:52 am - OH
It might take me a bit longer than 60 seconds, but not much.  I throw a cup of skim milk in my blender (my blender has marks on it to show how much is one cup, no need to get out a measuring cup), a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a spoonful of Maxwell House International French vanilla cafe mix.  I turn on the blender for a few seconds while I get some ice out of the fridge, then toss a handful of ice in the blender and blend another 60 seconds or so.

If you don't like coffee flavored drinks, toss in an individual packet of orange Crystal Light or pour in a bit of flavored sugar free syrup.  If you like, use frozen fruit (buy it in bags in the freezer section of the grocery store) instead of ice.

Kelly
Pam T.
on 1/10/11 2:39 am, edited 1/10/11 2:39 am - Saginaw, MI
 For the past year or so (maybe 18 months by now?) I've been doing hot protein drinks every morning while I commute to work. I'm not a morning person, so I'm usually rushing out the door at the last minute -- so I literally make my protein drink while I'm brushing my teeth and packing my lunch bag. 

I mostly do Protein Hot Chai Tea, Vanilla Caramel Protein Tea or Ice Protein Coffee. (click each for the recipes). All these recipes are pre-mixed in their dry form and all I have to do is add water.

Here's how I do it.

** After I dry my hair, I turn on the teapot in the kitchen -- then go back to the bathroom to finish my hair and put on my face, then get dressed. 

** By the time I'm done getting beautified and dressed, the teapot is whistling - so I head to the kitchen and flip off the burner.

** Back to the bathroom to brush my teeth --- I can't stand still while brushing my teeth, so I'll quickly pack my lunchbag (20 seconds or less) and throw my protein shake together. 

** Protein shake assembly - 60 seconds flat!
- Add 1/2 cup pre-mixed shake stuff to blender
- Add splash of cold water to blender jar
- Turn on blender 
- While it's whirling, pour in water from tea kettle
- Turn blender off and pour protein drink into disposable coffee cup, add lid and put next to lunchbag
- Rinse blender jar under faucet and throw it in the dish drain for tomorrow

*** Go back to the bathroom, rinse mouth, shut off lights and head for the door. 
*** Grab coat, purse, lunch, protein tea. 
*** Drive for 90 minutes to get to work. :-)

Have fun!
Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Kiya95
on 1/11/11 12:06 am - MD
Wow!!! Lol.. That's great and well planned!! Now please tell me how to do that again but this time add a 2 and 6 year old in the mix,... Lol
Most Active