What protein powders can you add to hot drinks?

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/10 5:13 am
Can you add any protein powder, to a hot drink, such as hot chocolate, etc. ?
clsino
on 8/2/10 5:18 am
Yes but you need to make sure that you mix the protein powder with lukewarm water prior to adding it with the ho****er.  If you add it directly to the ho****er it will turn into a lumpy mess.

Christy

lynnc99
on 8/2/10 5:35 am
This works for me:

Mix 1 scoop of protein powder w/ about 1/2 cup cold skim milk.

Top off with boiling water. Stir in 1 envelope of sugar free hot cocoa mix.

Now for the good part - add a tiny shot of sugar free caramel syrup and a sprinkle of salt. You won't belive how great this is!
Pam T.
on 8/2/10 5:40 am - Saginaw, MI
OH Boy! This is seriously delicious isn't it?  After Shari posted that concoction I was dubious... but seriously, that stuff is amazing!

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

yowala
on 8/2/10 6:10 am - Houston, TX
Gotta gry this.  I'm getting really sick of the same old same old.
I'm on my way!                        
lynnc99
on 8/2/10 6:18 am
A little tip - you can warm it up a little more in the microwave after mixing everything. The milk, of course, makes it just lukewarm after adding the ho****er.
Pam T.
on 8/2/10 5:42 am - Saginaw, MI
I have been able to mix any protein powder with hot liquid with the exception of the Nectars (but I haven't tried them lately, so they might be fine nowadays).  Just gotta do it the right way.  Mix protein with cool water first, stir into a thick lump-free paste... then slowly add the hot/boiling water to the paste while stirring continuously. 

I have several recipes for hot protein drinks in my Recipe Index.  The first 5 or 6 are all hot beverages (with the exception of the iced coffee one)
http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/p/recipe-index.html

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

rbb825
on 8/2/10 7:17 am - Suffern, NY
I think I have given you this before but just in case, here it is again.

I use GNC ProPerformance 100% Whey Protein Chocolate Protein Powder.  Take 1 1/2 scoops of the protein powder and put it in a small bowl. Add 1/3 of a cup of cool water and add to protein powder and mix.  Make No Sugar Added Hot chocolate separately -  I use Swiss Miss Sensibly Sweet = buy the 60 calorie packets not the 25, the 25 calorie ones just have less powder in them.  Once the hot chocolate is made, add the protein powder mixture to the hot chocolate and add some milk to taste if you want.  This gives you 35 grams of protein per mug.  It is delicious and you can't even tell there is protein powder in it.  I drink it 2 times per day.

If you drink it often, some supermarkets sell the swiss miss hot chocolate in a giant size tub. IF you can get this, use a 1/4 cup of the powder per 12 ounces of water.  This is how I make it.

Most Active
Recent Topics