Waist-to-Height Ratio...the new BMI

sizemore315
on 5/11/10 3:33 am
My waist is 35 and I am 4'11 and 3/4.  I rounded up to 5 foot...he he.  Anyway, that puts me at 58!  First time in my adult life I have EVER been in the overweight and not obese catagory!!!!  I can't believe it.  With the BMI chart I am still obese until I hit like 145 or something.  I will take Serioulsy Overweight any day! 

Andrea U.
on 5/11/10 3:35 am - Wilson, NC
Okay.  Math I can do.

34 1/2" waist  (Don't hate.  I have an ass and thighs that can kill.)

I'm 5' 6 1/2".  That's 65.5"

34.5 / 65.5 = .5267

So 52.7% = Overweight.

Duh?

But chart?  Sorry.  My waist ain't gonna get much smaller without some duct tape or a knife.

I do love how I'm not "attractive" because I'm a few points above that level.  Thanks for boosting my self-confidence!  WTG!

rbb825
on 5/11/10 1:57 pm - Suffern, NY
Even though I am good at math, I don't have to do it since you just did it for me.  We have the same numbers.  34.5 and 5'6 1/2.  My waist is my biggest problem.  Too much excess skin.  I have no butt and wrinkly thighs.

Andrea U.
on 5/11/10 10:13 pm - Wilson, NC
I'll trade.  My butt and thighs suck.  I hate them.  That's where all my weight lies still (and where the hoover will be required...)
rbb825
on 5/12/10 11:54 am - Suffern, NY
That is why this new calculation really stinks.  We come out with the same number even though obviously our weight and BMI is probably totally different.  Just because our height and waist is the same, doesn't mean everything else about us is the same.

Andrea U.
on 5/12/10 11:59 am - Wilson, NC
Yeah, well.  I can deal with it.

I can jog now.  Slow as hell.  But I can jog now.

So the new chart can shove it.

ladybugnessa
on 5/11/10 3:51 am - Owings Mills, MD
• Ratio 46 to 49: Healthy and Attractive

ugh I hate this.... what makes them ATTRACTIVE...their size?

I've seen a LOT of ugly thin girls... or men for that matter...

what a SUBJECTIVE term.

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Lady Lithia
on 5/15/10 3:54 pm
I really hate that too... it somehow just seems disgusting to me that the label I've done my best to escape my whole life... that fat = ugly... is now etched into a new method of determing if you are ugly ... I mean fat... or not?

No thank you.

My weight has stabilized, I see thin in the mirror, and numbers are simply numbers... they're not going to influence my sense of self worth.

Though I'm betting that my waist to height ratio would probably be flattering... I have a TINY waist.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

LoveLikeWinter
on 5/11/10 4:28 am

I don’t know where in the hell I’m supposed to measure (around the girdle of skin or above it, or what?) but if I did the measurements right it was a 43 which is “slender and healthy". Yeah that’s right, other than the freaky excess skin.

_Heather_
Il faut souffrir pour être belle

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story." -Barney Stinson/Neil Patrick Harris

Lost 169 lb before getting pregnant!
Mama to Aleksandar J.B., 11.26.11 <3 Now I know what true love REALLY is! <3
mrslatch
on 5/11/10 4:37 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I get confused as to where your "waist" is. When they measure me at the gym, my waist is the smallest part (the military charts say then same thing when doing the tape test), stomach is around/at the belly button, and hips is obviously lower.

If I go by what I understand waist to be that is...55.8, or 56%. Great! lol I have no idea where I'd have been before WLS, I didn't take measurements, but I can assure you it would be eye opening! Going from a size 24/26 to a 16! lol
Most Active