where can i get feosol iron pills????

Teresa S.
on 1/28/10 11:33 am
if anyone can tell me please... and about how much do they cost... thankyou
GOD BLESS
LOVE, TERESA

Cynthia R.
on 1/28/10 11:42 am - Montgomery, AL
I bought some last week at Walgreens.  A bottle of 75 cost $18.  I think you can get them at CVS too, but I'm not sure.

H/S/C  314/310/145.0

Teresa S.
on 1/28/10 11:44 am
great! thanks so much cynthia:-)... wow that many for 18 dollors wow...
GOD BLESS
LOVE, TERESA

Cynthia R.
on 1/28/10 11:59 am - Montgomery, AL
No problem!  I just double checked because when I typed that I was going off of my memory and it has 75 in the bottle. :)

H/S/C  314/310/145.0

Andrea U.
on 1/28/10 12:26 pm - Wilson, NC
There are two types of Feosol.

I say this so you are reminded to check the box very carefully.  One is an iron salt, and one is carbonyl.

Magyargal
on 1/30/10 10:55 am
Andrea,
     What kind are we take? Thank you for your help. I am not taking any of what I'm suppose too. I need to get back on track. Because I have not lost any weight for over 2 months now. I'm only 9 months out! Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Andrea U.
on 1/30/10 11:41 am - Wilson, NC
You can take either.

I make it clear that there are two types because there is such a difference in the formulation and I like people to know the difference.

Carbonyl iron is straight-up elemental iron.  It is measured as it is stated -- 45mg is equivalent to 45mg.  It is stated to be easily absorbed even in pH neutral environments and does not cause constipation issues.  It still requires vitamin C, and still cannot be taken with doses of calcium above 300mg and should be taken away from whole grains and high doses of tanins.

The other form of Feosol is ferrous sulfate, which is an iron salt.  Actually, I hate ferrous sulfate with a hatred I cannot express.  I'd rather chew on a rusty pipe than take ferrous sulfate.  In fact, that's basically what you're doing -- I'll explain in a bit.  Ferrous sulfate, being a ferric salt, is measured in two ways.  The correct way is "325mg ferrous sulfate equivalent to 65mg iron" because the pill has 325mg of the molecule of ferrous sulfate, of which only 65mg is actually iron.  I hate this stuff because this is the absolute harshest of the ferric salts on the market.  It requires a fairly acidic environment to absorb properly, causes bloating, constipation, and general stomach upset.  Even normies have issues -- you'll notice there's a brand called "SlowFe" which is a "special formulation" of ferrous sulfate -- supposedly to make it easier on the stomach.  I still had issues with it, even prior to surgery.  I'm not saying we won't absorb it at all -- but if you are needing a fair amount of iron and want to keep your constipation aids to a minimum, I'd avoid this particular type of iron.  It's typically the cheapest and most common.  It's typically made from iron filings (NO, I'm not kidding -- but then again, so are some of the other salts), and so fairly easy and cheap to produce. 

As you can see from the two pictures, they are in fact, very similar.  So if you are looking at Feosol as your supplement, be sure you pick the one you want.  Carbonyl will be more expensive.

Or you can go somewhere else entirely and avoid the problem.  RiteAid sometimes carries a version of carbonyl by Sundown Naturals in 25mg tablets.  And of course, Michelle at Vitalady sells a version called Tender Iron that people have raved about for years -- including people that have had problems with iron in other formulations.  I tried the Tender once a long time ago.. and I can't remember why I didn't stick with it.  But I buy my Proferrin from Michelle and trust them wholeheartedly.

Magyargal
on 1/30/10 1:05 pm
Wow you are a wonderful help Andrea! Now I remember you! I love your new avatar. You look amazing! you are doing a great job. 

I really think I should get back on protein drinks. I lost weight with them much better. My surgeon took me off them at  about 5 months out. I was still doing them after that for a while and losing. Then I stopped drinking then, and guess what? I stopped losing weight!

Also he never had me go for blood work after my first post op visit at 2.5 weeks out. I was in   the hospital 2 weeks...I saw him 3 days later...it was then I did the blood work and only then. He never told me the results either...Thank you so much for the wonderful help. I will buy Carbonyl Iron for sure. Oh my Rite Aide never heard of it!! Go figure!! I asked them if they sell it.  Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

ladybugnessa
on 1/30/10 1:08 pm - Owings Mills, MD
got some at walmart a bottle (I think there are 60 in the bottle) cost about 8 dollars
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 332 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 145 views