OT- Bra shopping (long)

ravengrrl
on 7/16/09 5:01 am - Thornton, CO
I feel your pain.  For me, I pretty much have to do catalogs and it's so damn frustrating.  I've lost about 60 pounds and am down from a 48G to a 44G...even Lane Giant or whatever they are calling the catalog now doesn't really accomodate. 

You know what would be great?  If someone came up with bras designed specifically for people who have lost a lot of weight (via surgery or whatever) AND that didn't require the sacrifice of your first born.

http://theincredibleshrinkingfattie.wordpress.com/ H/W: 375, S/W: 300, C/W: 285

Denise M.
on 7/16/09 5:01 am, edited 7/16/09 5:02 am
Great post Squidly!  (sorry for the bandster interloper on the RNY board, heh heh!)

Did I ever rave about how I found a brand new bra in my garage?

So I'm totally convinced I'm adult ADD.  I can't do anything that requires more than 3 nanoseconds of concentration these days.  And apparently in the past, either.  I had friends and family come over and help me with some work in the garage, getting stuff sorted out and installing some massive shelves.  

My mother shoved this bag in my face and asked if I needed this.  It was a Lane Bryant bag with a brand new bra in it!  Ooh, the plunge kind, my favorite!!!!  Turns out I bought this a long, long time ago (at least a year) and the bra was put on the wrong hanger.  It was on a 44C hanger but it was really a 42C.  *&^%$#@!  I had tossed it on top of a pile in the garage with the intention (ha ha) of taking it back and getting the right size.  I guess before I got around to doing that, the bag itself became buried in a pile.

So it was kind of great because my 3 functional bras are getting a little floppy.  I seem to be losing some of that volume up on top = first step in the long booby transition.  Now the 42C actually fits, but I am having a bit of muffin boobs.  Ehh, I'm sure that upper boob volume will drop in the coming weeks and it'll be fine.  

Besides, having some muffin-boobs is nicer than having that slack top boobs.

Do your boobs eat bras?  (ADD bosom tangent)  My right boob eats underwires like crazy!  I have a pile of old, broken bras. I'll be doing something insignificant, like reaching for my computer mouse when--CHOMP!--there goes the old underwire.

I just realized that on one of my 3 every day bras, the underwire has started it's desperate attempt at escape (like when they start jabbing you in the underarm where they've gnawed a teeny hole and are trying to get out before they are gobbled up by my boob).  I thought of drowning the hole in Fray Check, but I can't find my stupid bottle.  I have about 3 bottles of the stuff but I lose them and then buy another one, which I promptly lose.

Maybe I should just let the ol' boob snack on it, kill it and toss it in the trash.  The fray check would probably give me a rash anyway!  Just let the bra die with dignity and replace it with a new, smaller one.  

I'm just happy I have less bulging back fat around the bra band!  Dear Diary!  

Back to your regularly scheduled RNY discussions!
Denise

edited to fix typo

Annette C.
on 7/16/09 5:27 am - Danville, IN
I love Bali full coverage bras.  Lots of cup room for excess skin.

I had a lift and augmentation done two years ago.  It was the best money I ever spent.
If I hadn't had that done I was going to have to get my nipples pierced and chain them to my earlobes to keep them from getting caught in my waistband.

Annette 
I can eat as much as I want...I just don't want much.
I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Recent Topics
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 45 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 45 replies · 345 views
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 42 replies · 346 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 62 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 439 views