Carbquik? Taco Cheeseburger Pie (Recipe and pics!)

Jupiter6
on 4/13/09 12:03 pm, edited 4/13/09 12:06 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Delicious and totally worth your time! Carbquick's not easy to come across-- Netrition sells it, though-- and it's well worth the buying because the numbers are craaaaaazy! TONS of insoluble fiber and very few net carbs! Endless baking possibilities, once you get the hang of it!

Back to your regularly scheduled biscuit-topped meaty casserole pie!

CARBQUIK TACO BURGER BISCUIT PIE
1 pound very lean ground turkey
1 cup shredded 2% cheddar, colby or jack cheese
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. Carbquik
1/2 c. egg beaters
1/3 reduced fat parmesan cheese topping
1/4 onion, diced
3 tbsp taco seasoning
8 oz Mexicorn (corn with diced peppers)
tbsp onion powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1) Brown turkey and onion. Drain and add taco seasoning and a little water and let it cook down. Add corn.

2) In a bowl, combine Carbquik, milk, parmesan cheese, egg beaters, onion powder.

3) Spray 8x8" casserole. Spoon meat mix into bottom

4) Top meat mix with the cheddar cheese

5) Pour biscuit mix (will be very runny) over cheese evenly

6) Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees ****il browned)

Makes 6 servings

Each serving:
Cals: 201.1
Fat: 8.8
Carbs: 11.6
Protein: 28
Fiber: 3.5

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

jessica Q.
on 4/13/09 12:09 pm - el cajon, CA
OMG looks so good

Jess Q   
314  /   298       /  215/
high/ begin WLS/current/ 
"Well behaved woman do not make history"
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Cynthia R.
on 4/13/09 12:13 pm, edited 4/13/09 12:24 pm - Montgomery, AL

Oh yum!  I love anything that has a mexican flare to it!  I am definitely going to have to try this one!!!

ETA:  I just ordered the Carbquik (and some PB2)...can't wait to try it!!!

H/S/C  314/310/145.0

Tara K.
on 4/13/09 12:18 pm - Kuna, ID
Interesting. what else have you done with this stuff and what's it made of? I looked on their website but couldn't find ingredients.
RNY April 7, 2008 - from size 24/26 to size 6/8Photobucket
Jupiter6
on 4/13/09 12:27 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
The ingredients of Carbquik are Carbalose flour (enzyme-modified wheat, vital wheat gluten, wheat fiber, high protein patent wheat flour, vegetable fiber, canola oil, salt, dextrose, emulsifiers, enzymes, ascorbic acid, sucralose, calcium propionate), baking powder, egg white powder, lecithin, salt, palm and palm kernel oil, buttermilk powder and natural flavors. You use it like you'd use Bisquik.

I've used it instead of wheat flour in my protein pancakes-- makes a puffier pancake-- but i like 'em cakey. Made the flaky biscuit crust on this casserole-- which was great. Made an eggnog flavored Egg Custard which was really tasty (100 cals, too) but the recipe needs tweaking. I plan to experiment all week-- tomorrow-- bbq chicken pizza with homemade carbquik crust!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Deedles
on 4/13/09 12:57 pm - Highlands, TX
Aw MAN....I have GOT to order some of that stuff!  Thanks for 'spearmintin'!!!
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

SASSYLISA
on 4/13/09 2:06 pm - grass valley, CA
Man girlie...you are the bomb!!! Now something new to buy......looks so yummy, love to experiment.....hmm thinking of new recipes as we speak.....off to buy me some Carbquik!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!! Yeah!!!!

Lisa
 334/157/160
"
Do you pop out at parties...are you unpoopular? The answers in this little ottle..I mean bottle" Lucille Ball" Vetavitavegim"  Gotta love Lucy!
waitinggame
on 4/13/09 2:07 pm - Bowie, MD
Funny--I was just reading reviews on this stuff and they were really mixed. Many complained of an almost sour aftertaste. I guess it really depends what you make with it. I will definitely grab a box with my netrition order.

Thanks!

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

calanthat
on 4/13/09 2:20 pm - IL
OMG that looks SO good. Shari, will you marry me? 
-Brandy

jpronurse
on 4/13/09 6:30 pm - Orlando, FL
Shari, made my mouth water just to look at it!  I am going to find that carbquick and get to cooking!  Do you have any ideas for a CRUNCHY taco???  Jana

Jana                   

Most Active