What are you eating/doing today? Thursday

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/09 10:37 pm - Baltimore, MD
I have had a problem the last few days with my calories.  They've been too low througout the day (for instance by dinnertime I'll have had 4-500 calories) and then at night the snack monster hits.  Now usually the snack monster drives me to my self prescribed 1200 calories, but I just don't like having the munchies.  So my goal today is to feed the monster properly!!!

B - Oatmeal/TVP w/splenda, cinnamon, flax and PB2 (ran out of Power PB...sad!)
L - No noodle lasagna w/ 1/2 c. shelled edamame
S - 1/2 c. cottage cheese w/ 1/2 c. Fiber one twigs splenda and cinnamon
S2 - pre-workout protein frozen hot chocolate
D - 3 turkey meatballs w/ sauce in 1/2 a sundried tomato flatout wrap, some succotash
LNS - hot cocoa w/ whippage

Stats:

Click totals for charts! Totals: 1,157 35g 161mg 1,635mg 120g 32g 35g 122g  
% of your daily value 62.58% 54.36% 53.78% 68.13% 39.84% n/a n/a 244.52%  
    Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

meganay
on 3/25/09 10:54 pm - Dublin, OH
Back from my business trip.  I had 2 1/2 days of weird eating (all meals were provided, so options were limited).  I think I did ok, but realized how dependent I am on my food routines.  Not being able to measure or accurately gauge the nutrition in things really bothered me.  

Back to my comfort zone -

B - Nectar twisted cherry shake
S - greek yogurt w/ fiber one
L - meatballs and sauce
S - hard boiled egg
S - chocolite bar
D - Stuffed tilapia and green beans
S - soy crisps.

I haven't gone into daily plate yet, but these are staples so I know I'll be in the 900 calorie range with 100+ grams protein.
Megan
Highest Weight - 275 / Surgery - 251 

Jupiter6
on 3/25/09 11:13 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

Dunno. Have a doc appt and am staying at SigOt's so I am at his mercy.

B: ProtiDiet Cereal Bar

L: Shiritaki and chicken and peas with sundried tomato alfredo sauce
     Cup of Only 8 Frozen Yogurt

S: 8 oz greek yogurt

D: Whatevs!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Jupiter6
on 3/25/09 11:16 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ

BTW: I never eat over 500 calories by 4pm. Never ever-- I just don't like to eat at work.

I eat the vast majority of my food after 7 pm, in fact. Last night I had dinner at 11 pm. Breakfast is usually 150 cals, lunch is about 300. About 400 cals of snacks between 3-8 pm...then dinner/dessert.

Doesn't seem to hurt me, in any case.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Cleopatra_Nik
on 3/25/09 11:28 pm - Baltimore, MD
I never really have either but it seems I should start.  If it was an eat...go do something else for an hour or two...eat again...type of thing I think I'd be fine but it is a constant and incessant NAGGING munchie...I don't like it.  It starts around 5 and doesn't turn me loose until 10. 

Keep in mind also that I eat dinner around 9 p.m.  So 4-500 by 9...maybe a little bit worse than 4-500 calories by 6.  When I go to the gym it's different.  There is a snack in there in between.  But when I work out at home I usually just tend to have a bite of something and then I get into homework, hair, dinner fixing, permission slip filling out, etc.

So basically I need to work on my nighttime eating routine.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

amcgb
on 3/25/09 11:36 pm

PreB: Blueberry cobbler w/ splenda and 1% milk
B: sorry breakfast....soy crisps...on the run!
S: mandarin oranges
L: some chicken and baked potato ????
D: leftover squash casserole --yum-yum

S: almonds throughout the day

Side note: last night I fixed pork loin with carrots and potatoes in the crock pot and I was so looking forward to it (see, before I had some bites of a pork chop and it didnt do well at all, but the other day I had some pulled and chopped pork and it went down fine) well I ate some last night and needless to say I came back up---TMI---it came up in like a ball --several times (thought my esophogus was gonna explode!) my lesson--cut it up very small and chew--alot!!

I felt like I was a cat coughing up hairballs---horrible!!

Audrey
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/09 11:41 pm
TMI for the next sentance: Well this morning I thought I was going to die.  I finally experienced "poop birth"    I was so afraid my stiches were going to pop because it hurt so bad.  (You can't do that can you?)
Which leads to this question...  How long until all your inside stiches are healed?  (I always forget to ask the surgeon)

B - Muscle Milk Light Mocha Shake
S - Cheese Stick
L - Tuna with Mustard (haven't touched Mayo since surgery)
S - Cheese Stick (cheap way to get 10 grams of protien and they're so good!!)
D - Greek Yogurt with Davinci Syrup
S - 1 cup skim milk

Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein  
Click totals for charts! Totals: 470 9g 50mg 935mg 27g 22g 1g 69g
Veronnie
on 3/26/09 7:05 am, edited 3/26/09 7:05 am - Castro Valley, CA
"poop birth"  
Even though funny, you pose a serious question. Eat more fiber, eat more slushy foods. Get your 'eliminations' softer. I'm sorry I don't have more for you. Maybe someone else does.

H: 6'2; HW: 440; WLS: 411; Dr. Goal: 220; LW: 206; CW: 283; RNY: 10/15/07; Panni: 6/12/09; Blind Loop: 8/19/19

Jena B.
on 3/25/09 11:42 pm - Baden, PA
I couldn't sleep for the life of me last night. I went to bed around 1130, didnt fall asleep until almost 230am to get up at 5am. I'm tired...I have my 1 month post-op appointment today. Hopefully all goes well. My mother told me I need to go to OA..(see seperate post). Today doesnt seem to be going the way I had hoped...I'll try and turn it around.

B- 1 "dippy" egg and 2 slices turkey bacon
S- lite n fit yogurt
L- 2oz buffalo chicken lunchmeat and 1oz pepperjack cheese
S- light cheese stick
D- Max and Erma's...Children's menu stuff. Probably grilled chicken and a 1/4 of a baked tater
Somewhere in all this there is also 2c of skim milk

Calories- 750
Fat-33g
Carb- 47
Protein 69g
High / Surgery / Current / Goal
252 / 232 / 157 /

Pam T.
on 3/26/09 12:37 am, edited 3/26/09 2:10 am - Saginaw, MI
Today is very much up-in-the-air for food.  We have a local restaurant owner bring in an early lunch today (in 25 minutes!!) --- so it'll be soul food for lunch, but have no idea what that really means.  I just keep hearing it's really really good.    Then dinner tonight is suppose to be at Panera Bread for our Book  Club meeting, but that might get cancelled (emails flying as I type).  Plus I have student orientation tonight before Book Club which is right in the middle of my normal snack time. 

So no planning today.  Just going to play it all by ear and make the best choice I can for food today.

Pam

EDITED -- Just coming back to update ya'll on my first amazing experience with soul food. OMG!! It was amazing.  Chicken and ribs that were so tender they were falling off the bone.  Ox tail -- my first time on that one -- tasted good just like roast beef.  Sweet potatoes (that were way too sweet with brown sugar, but I had a small bite).  Cornbread. Beans and rice (minus the rice).  Huge fruit tray and some amazing desserts.  I decided on a sliver of sweet potatoe pie -  the real kind!    I ate about 3 bites too many, I think.  But everything was so delicious! 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Recent Topics