Need Walking Music Suggestions

ramona214
on 10/29/08 10:05 pm

What are some of your favorite tunes to which you walk?  I need some for my iPod -- just started walking a couple of days ago.  Some of these songs seem to have a beat of about 2.6 mph (where I am now).  I'm looking for additional ideas.  (graduated high school in 1976, to give you an idea of the "era" of music I came up with). To give you an example of what I like/have:

Queen: We are the Champtions, Another One Bites the Dust, etc.

Styx: Renegade

Garth Brooks: We Shall be Free

Gloria Gaynor: I will Survive

Commodores: Brick House

Ramona
291/279/healthy  (RNY 10/21/08)

on2anewme
on 10/30/08 12:13 am - Vancouver, WA
I just downloaded a few more to add to my collection yesterday, but we have different styles so I won't list mine (I graduated in '78). 
What I did was just go to itunes so that I could listen to them first.  I just listened to some until I found ones that would get me going. 
They also have walking/workout music.  The biggest loser tunes are on there too.

Happy walking!
Debbie

Highest: 292 / Surgery: 246 / Current: 182/ Goal 150ish ??                              
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/08 12:50 am
This is my rock out and feel good about myself at work mix

http://www.mixwit.com/eanthonyheston/beautiful-damn-it

Mix wit is a pretty sweet site if you like making mix tapes
Pam T.
on 10/30/08 1:14 am - Saginaw, MI
I really like PodRunnerwww.podrunner.com

You pick the pace at which you walk or run and download tracks with that beat-per-minute time.  So I walk around 3.6 to 3.8 miles per hour which means I use tracks that are at around 136-138BPM.  To tracks are kind of techno or modern with a definite beat in the background that keeps your pace up for the entire workout.  Most tracks are 1 hour long, so gives you time to do a solid workout without changing songs (although the hour long track is a compilation of several different songs in itself). 

You can also check out Your Fitness Music. http://www.bestworkoutmusic.com/search.html

It's the same basic concept as above.... pick your pace and find songs that match how fast you walk or run.  But these are actual songs, not an engineer hour long track.  You pick your genre of music, pick your pace then the program gives you a list of songs that match your likes.  Each song has a link to a website where you can download/buy the song right online (for much cheaper than iTunes ... usually around .10 to .25 per song). 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

ramona214
on 10/30/08 4:56 am
Pam,
THanks for your suggestions.  That's great that I can find music for my current "speed."

Ramona
shadowgirl
on 10/30/08 12:24 pm
Ok, 1977 here.....I just started adding music to my "get movin'" i-pod file.  I just go with what makes me want to move.  I have no idea about the beats per mph!  Here are a few I like....

Stayin' Alive     BeeGees
We are Family    Sister Sledge
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough   Michael Jackson
Feels Like the First Time   Foreigner
Lady Marmalade   Patti LaBelle

SG
Recent Topics
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 48 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 45 replies · 350 views
What's on your Thursday menu?