My thoughts on Dr. Rey Shapewear and Spanx

B Girl
on 4/7/08 12:36 am
Hey Ladies It's official - I've tried Spanx and I've tried Dr. Rey's Shapewear.  We hear opinions of these products all the time, so I thought I'd share my opinion.   First, I do believe that both Spanx and Dr. Rey's Shapewear are great products.  I really think that your body shape/struggles will determine whether or not you prefer one product over the other. I'm a pear shape.  I've lost all but 3 pounds of my excess weight.  I have a tiny torso and big hips and thighs.  I've always liked Spanx, because they smooth out my saggy stomach and dimply thighs.  A post last week got me thinking about Dr. Rey's Shapewear, so I decided to give it a try. DRUM ROLL PLEASE........Dr. Rey's High-waisted panty Shapewear did nothing for me.  I measured myself before and after - no difference.  My waist is 12 inches smaller than my hips with and without the shapewear.  Hmm....could this be right?  Of course it could!  I was definitely wearing the correct size (M).  It fit comfortably once I got it on and definitely smoothed my skin out.  But I had to ask myself why I would wear a garment that is so much hotter than my Spanx.  Then it just clicked.  If I were apple shape then I would handsdown want Dr. Rey's Shapewear.  It definitely has more power to hold things in and create a more feminine shape. Soooo....that's my take.  It's just my opinion.  I really feel like the pear girls are going to do just fine with Spanx, because we need more help in the hip and thigh area.  Smooth it out, Spanx!!!  But the apple girls may want help sucking it in and creating more of a waist.  Suck it in, Dr. Rey!!!! HAPPY MONDAY
Shrinky Inky
on 4/7/08 12:39 am - Central Coast, CA
Hey thanks for this post - i was trying to decide what to buy to hold in my tummy  and jiggly thighs.  I am definitely a pear not an apple and this is very helpful!
Inky
B Girl
on 4/7/08 12:45 am
You're welcome.  One other thing that I didn't mention was how Dr. Rey's Shapewear fit my bottom.  I tried the boy-brief and the regular high-waisted shapewear.  Both of them cut into my thighs, which would have created a pretty bad panty line.  Again, that's because I'm pear shaped.  A size larger would have been way too big on top.  A size smaller may have made my waist smaller, but would have cut off the circulation to my legs.  lol.   That's a big part of why I like Spanx.  They smooth all of that out.  I wear the power panty from Spanx (goes up to your bra).  I like them in the capri length.  There are cheaper brands.  I've found that as I've lost weight I can get away with the cheaper brands.  When I was plus-size nothing but the real thing (Spanx) would do.  I needed industrial help.  hahahahaha
Dawn K.
on 4/7/08 12:40 am - Marlton, NJ
I spent $30.00 on a new pair of Spanx on Saturday and then stopped by Walmart and found something alot like Spanx mad by Cupid at around $13.00.  So, the Soanx are going back and I bought 2 pairs of the Cupids.  They work just as well for me holding all the jiggly places and I got 2 for LESS than 1 Spanx.  Will also be cheaper as I continue to lose to replace the Cupid brand. Dawn
Dawn
Keep A Song In Your Heart!
Life Is A Song, Love Is The Music!
100lbscardSmall.jpg picture by bigdooba
shar S.
on 4/7/08 5:34 am - Buffalo Grove, IL
The lady who makes Spanx, also makes Cupid.

Shar

Create Your Own Ticker

Dawn K.
on 4/7/08 7:09 am - Marlton, NJ
No wonder I like them! Dawn
Dawn
Keep A Song In Your Heart!
Life Is A Song, Love Is The Music!
100lbscardSmall.jpg picture by bigdooba
555girl
on 5/2/08 9:02 am
No, no. Spanx and Cupid are not related companies. As an educated source and wearer, there are all kinds of shapewear out there. Different control levels, silhouettes, fabric, seaming, construction, etc. all make a difference. I don't know if I'm allowed to post a web site on here, but CupidIntimates.com does have different control levels and luxury levels under different brand names. They also have the patent on the no ride gripper that works great. Check it out and good luck.
ayanasun
on 8/13/09 5:21 pm
I am from New York can you tell me where I can get buy cupids?  I went to the website but it doesn't let you buy anything there.

Thank You,

ayanasun
555girl
on 11/16/09 1:42 am
 Cupid brand is sold at Walmart.
workingg82
on 7/12/10 12:49 am
Hey!

I definitely recommend spanx's bodysuit shapewear .
Using cupid may be cheaper, but it won't last long.
It'll where and tear quickly.
My spanx has been with me for 3 year!
So i really don't recommend trying to save money when it comes to shapewear.
Recent Topics