DID ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY

AMYLU
on 5/8/06 3:03 am - Conroe, TX
Was anyone else afraid they wouldn't lose this time or not fast enough or not enough when it was all said and done. I am a month away from my revision from vbg to RNY and questioning"will I lose again?" will I only lose a little?', "will I gain it all back again?". Any thoughts out there. Is this cold feet?? Thanks in advance amy
Ms Janet
on 5/8/06 4:45 am - Star City, NE
Hi Amy, I think we all face those questions. When did you have your original surgery? I had VBG in 1992, but at that time there was no support or followup. No meal plan or dietician. No support group meetings. Most doctors didn't know anything about it. I am hoping for a revision from VBG to RNY and I am excited about all the support. I am amazed by this group and the support here! Plus my doctor hosts monthly support meetings. You can do it - and you have a lot of support here! Janet
luckycat1
on 5/9/06 9:15 am - Cincinnati, OH
First good luck on your surgery. I had the same fears when I descided to have my revision from VGB to RNY. I had my 1st surgery in the 80's when I was in college. Lost about 120 lbs the 1st time around and gained gradually (all but 40lbs). If you follow the doctor's program you will lose weight. Thank goodness a lot of dr's have monthly support groups (I suggest you go to a few before your surgery). I had my surgery on 3/2 and am down 75lbs to date (went to the doctor today and he is very happy with my progress). Because of some scar tissue issues and due to my past failure my surgeon made my pouch smaller then he usually does. I have not had any dumping issues because I am following this program to a T. I have made up mind and by the grace of God that I will suceed this time. Take care and good luck on your journey! MJ
AMYLU
on 5/11/06 2:29 am - Conroe, TX
Thanks, it helps to know you are losing. Hey, guess what, I have a male cat named lucky too!!!!!!!!!!!Just thought I would let you know that. Take care amy
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/11/06 3:04 pm - Tuvalu
I did and that's why I opted for DS. I had the band and the changes you have to make to be successful with the band or the RnY are outside my areas of expertise, I think. So, I opted for something a little more drastic, but, for me, easier (I hope) to live with. But no matter the surgery, once we're going for revision, we must ALL wonder if we will finally succeed. Sue
Most Active