Atlanta Revision Surgeon Needed!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/06 8:16 am - Kennesaw, GA
Please, I'm really getting desperate! I had gastric bypass surgery in 2003 and stopped losing weight in August of that year. In the past six months, I have been steadily gaining. I have arthritis and a chronic back problem that is getting worse every day. I have to get my weight down and I still have the same issues with conventional weight loss methods that I did years ago. Do you know of anyone in the Atlanta area that does gastric bypass revisions? I have really good insurance and meet their qualifications for the surgery, but I cannot find anyone that will perform the procedure. I have tried contacting those surgeons that have revision as a procedure that they perform, but I have been told that they do not do so. If you don't know yourself, perhaps you could ask around? I am in danger of losing my job since I have frequent days that I'm out due to the pain.
pepperboy
on 4/20/06 8:16 am - oxnard, CA
Sorry, about you situation, it must be so discouraging. I can't speak for any other WLS, other than the one I've had which is the DS, BUT I know that I'm happy w/my wls choice. I am not a revision but...my doc does lots of revisions and they seem to go on to successful weightloss. If you don't have anything against traveling, or maybe my doc.... Dr. Keshishian could refer you to someone closer to you. People travel to him all the time. He is in Delano, California. Good Luck...Annie
mikkozoe
on 5/3/06 10:59 pm - Conyers, GA
Girl i feel ya ..I never lost all mine and i jsut gained 15 pounds ...I heard Dr Burrows will do revisions but youhave to get the Fobie with him and that is a 4000.00 out of pocket charge usually ...But i would say it is worth it cause the two peopel i know that have the fobie look great ..and are tiny like i wanted to be Laura
Khandi
on 5/6/06 12:30 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hi Kelly, I am sorry to hear your respond. I too have the same story. I am from Atlanta. I called every surgeon but Dr. Champion. (who I was told just yesterday I should have). Dr. Burrowes won't touch Dr. Duncan's Patients. (Dr. Hubson was my surgeon). So, that rules that out. I flew to Washington to see Dr. Oh. I liked him. Bellsouth is putting me through hell to be approved. The only bypass surgery they approve is Revisions and that is what I needed. But now, they still tell me no. So, I am fighting with them. I too had surgery in August started out at 232 and only went to 182. I tried to tell that unprofessional office more than once that something was wrong. My weight lost was for two and a half months. I have had regain of up 222. I am in the 190's now. I too go to the chiropractor and have arthritis in my back and my feet. I have tried for two years running up stairs and walking and nothing but pain. I have called obesitylaw.com. I am going to weight it out for a couple of days to see if Bellsouth Advocacy clears the matter up. Then I am going. It feels like my life has been at a stand still for years. Email me anytime. Candy
Most Active