Have RYN-FAILED NOW LAPBAND WITH RYN

Dreddy
on 4/14/06 7:12 am - Holland, mi
I had a RYN sept 2003 and it has failed-I am to have a band and reducing my instines to 3 feet May 30th-Already approved by insurance. Has anyone had or heard of this with a RYN? Thanks!
tpiland
on 4/14/06 3:02 pm - Monument, CO
Hello - I also have a failed proximal RNY and being converted to a distal with the Lap Band as well on June 5th by Dr. Gagner in NY. He says this should afford me to continue my weight loss and reach goal, another 80-100#. I trust him, as he has done so many studies and research. Who is your surgeon? Terri in CO
Dreddy
on 4/15/06 12:39 pm - Holland, mi
Terri, Thank-You you very much for responding as some how I feel that I am the only one who is going through this.
tpiland
on 4/15/06 1:40 pm - Monument, CO
No way! There are LOTS of us out there. You can e-mail me privately if you want to chat more. It would be good to have a surgery "buddy". Terri in CO
pesterrr
on 4/18/06 6:11 am - San Clemente, ca
I also had an rny in april of 2003. I lost and have gained back 70 pounds. I had my test ran etc..... and saw the doctor today and they want to do a band around my small tummy to get me loosing again. I just have to wait for the ok from the insurance... I called the insurance and they said it should be no problem for the ok. So now I wait. Lots of luck to you... Leanne
Most Active