It Is Time (cross post from Mainboard)

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/06 1:26 pm - Yakima, WA
Back-up your profiles! Yup, keep a copy of it on your computer, so if the system dumps your info (and that does unfortunately happen sometimes) you HAVE a back-up copy. I am always so saddened when someone loses all the work and info they've put in their profile. OH doesn't have a back-up copy for you if you lose your stuff. You have two options: 1. You can have a copy emailed to you. I don't use this option because one time I updated, checked the box to have it emailed to me and when I returned to my profile ALL of my update PLUS about 1/2 my profile info was GONE - AND I didn't get the email update. 2. Copy and paste your profile info into a word, notepad, etc and save it, BEFORE you hit that update button. Remember this is a free service and if you have your profile available for public viewing, then the whole world can read it, google it, etc. If you want privacy you have two options: 1. Use a fake name. That's MY preferred option. (If you want to change your name, log in, choose General Info and then just change your first/last name to whatever). 2. Check the box on your profile's General Info page to make it private. But then nobody but you can see your profile. Up to you. ~Tooter OH Staff
Most Active