Pre-op Liquid Diet

Tracey67
on 3/10/06 10:47 am - Surrey, Canada
Help! I cheated on my preop liquid diet! I am on a 10 day all liquid diet and today, day 5, I cheated! I had a whole california roll and 4 french fries. I couldn't stop myself. I was so hungry! Did I ruin my surgery? Anyone else have to do this and cheated? I think it is alot to ask someone to not eat anything solid for 10 days straight! Especially those of us with eating problems already! Suggestions...thoughts....thank you Tracey
LyndaNull
on 3/11/06 12:08 am - Conroe, TX
I guess I was really lucky. My doctor did not put me on a liquid diet at all before my surgery. He just asked that I eat light and low-fat the last 3 days before surgery. He did say that the more weight you lose before, the easier the surgery can be because it shrinks your liver and other organs. Since I didn't do the liquid diet at all, and my surgery went fine, I think you are okay.
Hubbardc
on 3/12/06 5:39 am - Sherman, TX
I know this is te las thing you want to do, but I would call your surgeon's office and tell him what happened and that you are back on your liquid diet. I doubt that it will make a difference at the point you cheated. If you cheated the night before surgery that would be one thing, but at this point I don't think so. I was not on a liquid diet until two days before my surgery. Best wishes for your surgery! Blessings, Carolyn
hessie28
on 3/26/06 1:32 pm
I was only required to have a liquid diet the day before surgery. You shouldn't go nuts before. When you eat alot right before it is rough. When you drink that stuff to clean you out it is much easier when not alot in your system. I don't think what you ate would do any damage. The biggest thing is no aspirin and stuff like that. Just my opinion.
psbennett
on 4/11/06 2:08 pm - Hatfield, PA
I had to do liquids for two days preop and was going nuts the second day - i can't imagine having to go 10 days straight- it sounds like he is testing your ability to follow his orders cause medically i can't see any reason to put you through that kind of torture- so i doubt you did any physical damage but i wonder if he will give you trouble if he finds you didn't follow his orders- something to think about
Most Active