I have had 2 babies since my surgery....

dori-anne
on 3/7/06 1:21 pm - Mansfield, TX
I am going in for a check up with my surgeon on 3-23-06. While I was pregnant I ate about every 30 minutes trying to make sure that my babies got all the nutrients they needed and I am pretty sure I stretched my pouch out because i am once again fat (BMI 34.3 ((30.0 and Above is Obese))). I can eat pretty much anything, and ALOT of it.... you would never know that I ever had the surgery! I am hoping for a revision... i read a profile on here where a lady had a revision on her RNY, her Dr. made her pouch smaller and bypassed more intestine and sewed her stomach muscles together AND did a tummy tuck.... I want a surgeon like that! I hope mine will do similar with insurance approval... Anyone else on here have babies post op? I have 3 boys, Justin (10) born before RNY, JoJo (2) born after and Jonny (1) born after.... check out my profile, there is a link to my MySpace page.... lots of pics! Hope to hear some feedback soon... PRAYING FOR REVISION!!!! ~Dori
jesejean
on 3/28/06 11:03 pm - keene, NH
Hello Dori, My name is Jessica and I am living your story. I went through a RNY in 1999. It was a success, without complications and was on the road to mega weightloss. I weighed 340 lbs on surgery day, and within 7 months had lost a whopping 140 pounds. I was starting to feel fatigued, and dispite being told I would have no other children, I was pregnant. A blessing really, but I had to spend the next 9 months eating every minute possible. I drank silly amounts of fluids to stay hydrated but ate anything and everything every 30 minutes to keep the baby healthy. During the first two trimesters of my pregnancy it was a close call. Ultrasound after ultrasound to make sure he was ok. Numerous times it was discussed to take him premature because of malnurishment. End result: After delivery I was 20 lbs. lighter than when I became pregnant, no I was still losing. But within no time the weight began packing on.... within 1.5 years I have topped off at 300lbs. I Have been calling every WLS clinic within 150 mile radius... been discouraged about the info. I have seen my original surgeon in regards to a revision and unfortunatly it appears they feel a RNY, not originally performed lap., it too risky. Discouraging for me. Yet I see reports of them being done. I am with you, and would love to keep in touch, would love to information share as we learn this together. May God Bless You. Jess
dori-anne
on 3/29/06 2:03 am - Mansfield, TX
my surgeon said that the revision is dangerous too but if i really want it done and it is needed he will do it. i am going to get all my x-rays done next week to see how messed up everything is in there. then back to my surgeon on 4-20 to discuss what needs to be done. i am fixing to star****er aerobics again and see if i can lose any of my weight on my own first though. i would love to hear from you 1 are you on myspace.com this is me (http://www.myspace.com/born_flirting) if you sign up add me as a friend so that we can talk more often. hope to hear from you soon! ~Dori-Anne
~~Sami~~ *.
on 4/11/06 6:37 am - Jacksonville, FL
I've had two healthy babies since my Lap-Band (Unfilled for both pregnancies) Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to go through the pain of getting a gazillion fills to get this weight off... or consider something else. I'm just so not into having fills and PBing, etc. You might want to check out a revision where they add a Lap-Band to your RNY. It's done quite a lot these days and might be an easier, less risky surgery.
Most Active