Approval and date scheduled for Revision surgery

shezacowgirl
on 2/22/06 3:33 am - Wimberley, TX
I am thrilled to share that after nearly 1+ year. I have finally found THE surgeon I feel most confident with and have approval for a revision from an old VBG to a Roux-n-y. I am 60 years old and am looking for quality of life from this surgery. I am clear about the risks. I would really appreciate any helpful suggestions regarding pre and post care. The smallest suggestion would be appreciated. I know each person is unique but I know many of you had to problem solve related challenges I will fast and will greatly appreciate any sharing. Judi
FOGHORN
on 2/22/06 8:38 am - sweet home, OR
judith, i was 57 and had the same reasons for my revision. follow your doctors orders explicitly and if you can let him know. his staff should be there for you before, during, and after surgery. also find a support group to help you. i meet once a month with lots of successful rny ers and love the reinforcement. this surgery is more intensive after the fact cause it is so structured and permanent. i am down 100 even now after 4 months and consider myself a poster child for the surgery. i hope it extends my life 20 years or so. i was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea in my preliminary tests , got a cpap machine 1 month before surgery and flew through the surgery with excellent vital signs. one thing to remember is that you are to be treated like a queen and not at home to handle other peoples problems and b...s.. the first month is a serious time to recover. your family can help immensely by helping you. a small thing is that if you sleep on a bed and have trouble initially getting up tie a rope with knots every foot or so and attach it to the bottom of the bedpost and pull yourself up that way. some people have to start sleeping in a recliner. heck, i can now even sleep on my stomach. well thats it; best dave
Most Active