Deciding on Revision Type

Sarahlicious
on 2/18/06 1:11 pm - Portsmouth, OH
I had distal RNY in April 2003, I had lost 40lbs before surgery and lost about 130 after surgery. I have been stuck around 330 for almost 2 years. I moved and started seeing a new surgeon for my hernia repair but she wants me to lose 60lbs before she will fix the hernia and do the TT. She mentioned lengthening the bypassed intestined to cause more malabsoption, but since I am already distal, I'm not really for that. Then at another appointment she mentioned making the pouch smaller. I have major problems with her office cancelling my appointments and I got fed up and went to another surgeon and he suggested banded my pouch, he said the pouch is too big and said he stoma might be too big and the food is not stopping at all in my stomach. I have other medical problems and my other doctors want me to see surgeon #1 since she is the BEST in FL, everyone sends their problem patients to her, heck even my doctor in Ohio knew of her and told me to see her when I moved here...but even with her talking about doing a revision on me she is saying I am ready but need to lose weight...why do I need to lose 60lbs if you are doing a revision, if I could lose weight we wouldn't need to do a revision....duh? Sarah
star .
on 2/28/06 12:07 am - OK
I would consider a revision to a DS before I would consider having the lapband put on your pouch. some surgeons require 10% to shink the liver; but 60 seems excessive.l I can't see having a tt at 270; unless you plan to have another one later.
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/06 8:59 am - TX
I agree with Star, I also need a revision and will only consider a DS. I've had too many problems with RNY
Most Active