I've got a question

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 4:43 am - TX
I am looking into getting a revision from the RNY I had i***** I've recently had an Upper GI- Barium swallow and an Upper Endoscopy done. The Dr who gave me these said that liquids (I'm not sure about food because you have to fast for both of these tests) go into both my stapled off stomach and the remainder of my stomach. Does this sound right to you? If liquid can get into the large portion of my stomach, what is stopping food from going into it? Especially if you drink liquid (which I have been doing) while you're eating? I have regained all the weight I lost in 94-95. Over 130 lbs. In 96 I had severe pain in my stomach, it felt like a pebble being dropped into a calm lake,,,,, pain would radiate out, then start all over again for about 45 minutes..... at the time I didn't put 2 + 2 together and then I thought about it when I started putting on weight in 97, but I was able to keep my weight down fairly well until some serious medical problems made me immobile. Anyhow, I thought my staples might have come loose but the Dr. who did the Upper Endoscopy said the staple line was in tact, so now I'm wondering if it was the band at the bottom of my stomach, emptying into the intestines that broke. I don't know what type of revision to get or what I'm doing.
Nurse Spencer03
on 1/31/06 6:33 am - spring, TX
I had RNY in 1996. I started to regain my weight back in 2000. I had na upper gi series done last week and my surgeons office said that everything was normal. I feel that something is wrong, I hve pain in my stomach sometimes unbearable. I have a bmi of 46.1 so Iam a canadite for wls revision. (according to my doctors office.) Have you loked into the types of revision surgeries that are offered?
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 8:06 am - TX
I am just starting this avenue. I've found a surgeon who does revisions close enough to where I live (175 miles away) and have gone to his seminar on Jan. 13, have had the upper GI and the endoscopy done, and was ready to contact my primary care physician for the letter and get my paperwork in, but now my husband might be taking a job which will require a relocation, so I'm going to hold off and see whether or not he gets this new job before going any further with this. No, I do not know what revisions are available to me. I've always just heard the term "revision" and didn't know there were different types of revisions. I do know that some Dr.'s are very cautious about doing revisions. I called Barnes hospital which is in St. Louis to see if their bariatric division does revisions and the receptionist I talked to talked down to me and acted like I was trying to get the pope to do a revision. She wasn't very encouraging to say the least and all I wanted was some questions answered at the time.. like do any of your surgeons do revisions????? Good luck to you. Other than that one time with the severe, severe, pain, radiating like a pebble dropped into a calm pond, I've never had any stomach pain........ What do you think of the possibility of the band coming loose causing that pain and opening into my "other" stomach?
Most Active