Surgery approved for Jan 23rd

tamaraw
on 1/7/06 1:26 am - Lima, OH
Hi there! I have been reading the posts for some time. Here is my brief story. I had a RNY in 1998 and lost from 360 to 250. In 2003 I had twins and started having pain after I ate and I started gaining weight. When I reached 293 I went to bariatric solutions in Findlay Ohio for help.(they are wonderful there) They started me on an Optifast program and scheduled me to see the surgeon Dr Kokocharov. Dr. Kokocharov found that the opening between my stomach and bowels had stretched open 5 times its normal size. Believe it or not my insurance approved the surgery. The optifast program helped me lose 60 pounds. Does anyone have any advise for during and after my surgery to help me be a success? Any advise would be very helpful. Thanks Tammy
sudio45
on 1/8/06 6:54 am - Fairborn, OH
I have no advice but it is great to know that you are having a revision. What is involved in a revision, do they open you up or do they do it laproscopically? How do they make the opening smaller. Where is your surgeon located? I am 4 years post op and doing okay but it is great to know there are options. Let us hear from you regarding your revision.
hessie28
on 1/8/06 7:37 am
I had my revision Oct. 11th. They do laposcopically. They did tell me they would do open if needed. Luckily didn't. It is basically the same exact process as the first time except they are not touching the intestines. I believe they also cut out part of the stomach after they restapled. They say the revision is a higher risk. I think because of the scar tissue etc. Although I bounced back much faster, this one hurt more. Much easier to get through the revision with less weight. The first time I couldn't do anything myself.
tamaraw
on 1/9/06 8:26 am - Lima, OH
Hi Kathy, did you lose weight after the revision? Did you lose as quickly? Tammy
hessie28
on 1/9/06 1:01 pm
I have lost 40 pounds since the October 11th surgery. Not as fast as the first time. Comes of very slow but at least it is coming off again.
hessie28
on 1/8/06 7:39 am
Hi. Congratulations. Glad you got approved right away. Good luck.
Most Active