So glad I found you!!! I am soo scared!!

RobinH
on 9/25/05 12:53 pm - Mustang, OK
I have been looking everywhere about inforamtion on a revision. Where do I start; I had a VBG in 2000 and lost about 100 lbs. I was walking on the moon!! Then in 2004, I noticed that I started to gain weight and it has gone down hill from there. I am not sure how much I weigh ( too scared to weigh myself) but I know I have gained a lot!!!! I want to get a revision but am so scared. I have been reading all of your posts all day. My husband is like "will you ever get of the computer". I wish I would have had the RnY. I know it is the better. I am so scared of complications!!! I am 38 and have two small girls. I know God is with me and will be by my side and he will do what is right. I just need reassurance that this can be done and I can start a new life!!! After reading your posts, I feel so much better. Thank you!!! If you have any info that you would like to share I would love to have it!!!
SoaringSpirit
on 9/27/05 3:34 am - Claremore, OK
Hi Robin, Let me first say congratulations on your possible decision to have a revision. I had a revision myself on 9/8/05 in Tulsa, by Dr. Luis Gorospe, from an old stomach stapling surgery to a RNY, and by LAP!!! He is the absolute best. Well, let me tell you that Dr. Gorospe is absolutely on the cutting edge. There aren't many surgeons who have his skills. I had so many adhesions from my previous surgery, it was a can of worms in there. But Dr. Gorospe was able to do it just fine. Now if he could do a revision on me with the mess I had inside my stomach, he could do it on ANYONE. Email me if you have anymore questions I can help you with. Best of luck. Marsha
margaret C.
on 9/30/05 5:35 pm - new york, NY
Hi Marsha, Im Margaret I get my revision 10-4-05 and Im sooo happy about it! I have one of the best sourgons in NY. Dr Alfrons Pomp! I am going from the lap Band to RNY. Pray 4 me. Best of luck to u too.(smile).
RobinH
on 10/3/05 9:48 am - Mustang, OK
Hi Marsha, I hope you are doing great!!! I thought I would let you know that I went on line and filled out the the application for Dr. Gorospe. It has been a week and I haven't heard anything yet. I might call tomorrow. However, Dr. Keith's office called today. I went to his Seminar the other night and filled out all the paperwork. They did say that they wouldn't do it Lap, it would have to be open. YUK!! I don't want to do it open again. Maybe your Dr. will. I am only 5 years post op compared to you. I don't know if that would matter. Thank you for telling me about your doctor! I will keep you posted. God Bless, Robin
RJH-in-OKC
on 10/22/05 6:01 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi, Robin! My story sounds a lot like yours! I had a VBG in 12/02, lost 100 lbs, kept it off about 2 1/2 years, then started gaining back. To date, I have gained back 1/2 of it! So, I am having an open RNY revision this Monday morning, 10/24. Won't lie about it - I am scared! But I have complete confidence in Dr. Pearce; he does a lot of VBG to RNY revisions and has over 30 years experience in bariatric surgery. I have BC-BS PPO and they approved both my VBG and this revision with just a letter from the surgeon. I am definitely blessed in the insurance department, compared to a lot of the stories I've heard. A big part of me wants to cancel surgery on Monday, but the other "bigger" part of me wants to lose this weight! I felt great after losing the 100 lbs, even though I was still 70 lbs from my goal. If I hadn't started gaining back, I would have been happy with just the 100 lbs gone. But gaining back the 50 lbs feels so awful - I'm sure you know what I mean! We each have to make up our own minds about what path we will take, but if you chose to get a revision, then I pray God's great blessing on your effort. Becky H. ****) 340/240/290/170 Start/VBG/Now/Goal 5'10"
Most Active