Waiting on approval or disapproval? Kaiser

JoannaPaul
on 7/23/05 4:03 am - pittsburg, ca
Hello I went to all my appointments and the last Dr. said that now I must wait for the panel to decide If I qualify for Revision or not? I had Stomach Stapleing in 1988 and now am 20lbs. away from where I began, the primary Dr. said I don't qualify from the chart BM... Has anyone experienced this? please post me back........ I have Kaiser and with my previous surgery I had Blue Cross. When I was going to all my appointments with various Dr. at Kaiser they hardly new nothing about Revision???? it was new to them! but I have researched and they have a baractric surgeons in Richmond which is close by, I had to explain to them what revision was ! If they don't know omg.....Help
kathymoss
on 7/23/05 8:16 am - Missouri City, TX
If you don't get approval, you may want to consider changing insurance companies during your open enrollment period. Good luck. I had Kaiser until 2002 when I moved back to Houston. I now have United Health Care -- much better. Kathy M.
hessie28
on 7/27/05 12:11 pm
I had the same problem. BMI too low. The insurance company said it was not medically necessary. I have other medical problems which qualified me. I just won the appeal. If you are denied you need to get copies of everything. Dr. notes, letters from Dr., test results and just bombard them. Good luck.
Most Active