I have a revision scheduled for February 11.

LeAnn S.
on 1/10/05 11:12 pm - Tulsa, ok
I live in Tulsa, Ok and the closest place I found a dr who would do a revision is Wichita Falls. Tx. I had my first rny gb on 11-27-01. I lost 80 lbs the first year and then I began to gain until I now am within 6 lbs of my orginal weight of 281. The first time I lost my spleen and my gallbladder. I went to intensive care for 24 hours. I was very tired and weak for several months after my surgury but I did begin to feel energetic at last. I could always eat as much as I wanted and I rarely vomited. I will have a revision with Dr. Kenneth Warnock in February. I visited with him yesterday and he didn't mince words. I had my upper gi and he reviewed the records from the first gb. He said the risk involved in considerably increased during a revision. He said he does about 60 a year and to date has not lost a revision patient. He will gv me a 25cc pouch. He said the space my spleen occupied has been filled with intestine which makes his job more difficult. I have also had a complete hysterectomy since my first gb. I bounced back immediately from that. I am 41 and weigh 275 and am very tired all the time and lay down all the time except when I am at work where I sit down all day. Does anyone have any info to share? Thank you very much.
Sheltone E.
on 1/11/05 6:06 am - ft wood, mo
Hi LeAnn, my name is Sheltone I too will be having a revision on Feb 8th in mo. I had an orginal rny in aug 2001 started at 363 and currenlty at 286. I was hoping that may be we could be pen pals and share our experinces and work together as support. please read my profile for my history. You are in my prayers and Good spirts not luck because I believe that God will pull you through. Sheltone
LeAnn S.
on 1/12/05 9:08 am - Tulsa, ok
Hi Sheltone. Thanks for your quick answer. Yes, let's talk. That would be great. Did you have an open rny gb? What happened that you didn't have success the first time? Actually it sounds like you lost a lot of weight. Did you gain some back or did you just stop losing? Will yours be open? Are you using the same dr or someone else? What did he say about the risk? My biggest problem is that my pouch was too big to begin with and is now dialated. Thanks for your encouragement. I am convinced that God is in control of this. I hope that you have great success. I will pray for you too, and I am happy for you. Keep me informed. LeAnn
Sheltone E.
on 1/12/05 12:08 pm - ft wood, mo
Hello, LeAnn, Well to start I will be having my surgery in Sedalia Mo Dr. Phillip Hornbostel. I had my first surgey open, I lost some yes about 100 lbs then I gained so Ive lost 77 lbs Iam very happy at my loss because I know that I could not have done it alone. But at about 8 months out I stopped losing completly. Now Iam gaining slowly but if I really diet I lose a lb or two but once I starta regular diet it comes back. My doctor said the my stoma opening is too large and my pouch is pretty big and last I did not have enough bypass with me having such a larger weight to start 363. I would really like to get at least another 80lbs off. If God permits, I just have to many things going on in my life to let my weight hinder me of personal goals for my self as well as family. By the way Iam 29 I noticed that a lot of people read questions but they just dont answer. For me this has been a God send because I have found so much information.I wish that more people would respond because its helps those of us *****ally need answers or personal experinces. Sheltone
F A.
on 1/15/05 3:43 am - TAYLORSVILLE, IA
Hi LeAnn, God bless you for sharing your story with us. It really is helpful to those of us going through the same emotions. I'm schedule for a revision on Thursday the 20th of Jan. I had an open RNY in 1995, had a baby and regained almost all of it back. My family history is terrible. Diabetes, HBP, cancer, arthritis, just to name a few. I'm 48 and just recently placed on HBP meds, I have sleep apnea and I'm borderline diabetic. I, too, am tired all the time. I realize doctors are required to be up front - you really need to know the possible problems to make an informed decision. My anxiety level is over the top. (am I going to wake up after surgery?) I've prayed so much and have finally reached the point that I'm placing this in God's hands. I'm going to be as positive as possible as I know this will affect the outcome as well. I'm ready as I can possibly be. I will keep you close in prayer. Just know there are hundreds of others out there who will walk this journey with you. You're going to be just fine!! You go girl!!
Lucinda A.
on 1/17/05 6:47 am - Hazleton, PA
Hi... I had an open RNY in 1997. I lost app. 75 lbs, but it came right back on (my starting weight was 360ish) I gave up hope of ever losing weight - if this didn't work, what would? Finally, after all these years, I decided to find out what went wrong, because I was sick all the time, and I could eat a lot. I had an upper GI, which showed that my pouch was still small (not tiny, but still only a few ounces) The doctor said he could not do a regular revision, because there were no problems with my pouch. He thought the problem may be with my stoma, so he sent me for an endoscopy. It turns out my stoma was HUGE. Click on my profile to see my story and pics of my stoma before and after. I wish both of you good luck with your revision. If you have any questions, e-mail me. ~Cindy
ANGIE B.
on 1/18/05 7:42 pm - Lemoore, CA
Wow! Looks like there are a few of us that needs a second chance. I just had my initial visit with the surgeon and he scared me enough to search and find out if there's anyone going through the same thing. Do you know others with a success rate? I had a VGB in 1988 and am 20 pounds from my original weight of 314. I think this has to be the only answer for me because after losing over 150 pounds, going through the partying stage and having 2 children, I feel worse than I've ever felt. My family history makes me feel like a walking time bomb. I don't have the complications yet, but I know if I don't do something--it will be too late. I hope all of you the best recovery and will keep you in my prayers. Please do the same for me. I have a 9 and 14 year-old and very supportive husband and just hope I'm making the right decision. Thanks.
Most Active