Has anyone had more than 1 revision? My revision has failed.

Cindy S.
on 12/13/04 2:23 pm - Bridgeport, Wa
Hi, I had a VBG done in 96, lost 130, regained 70, had a revision, I've only lost 67lbs. I still weigh 291. I have been the same weight for 2 years. I don't want to have a 2nd revision, but wonder if I can suceed with out one? Dr. David Simmonowitz in Bellveiw was my surgeon. He does no follow up care. I had no follow up care with my VBG either. My highest weight was 420, so I feel some sucess. Just want to talk with someone who may have had more than one revision? Please Help!! Thanks, Cin
(deactivated member)
on 12/18/04 11:01 pm - TX
I have had only one revision. Same as you VBG to RNY. I started at 360+ the first time and lost to 240. After 7 years or so gained back weight up to 315. Just had revision 10-03. Lost to 215 now. Have stayed there for a while (3 months or so) I am 5 feet tall and weigh 215. I dont know if I will ever be a "Normal" weight. BUt i know that I have to look at where I came from. Although sometimes I wish that I could be that 115, I dont realistically see that. Sorry that I cant say that I have had more than one revision, but I thought some encouragment would help some. ~DIana
Dori G.
on 1/9/05 4:38 am - Pitman, NJ
Diana - I am hoping to schedule a revision surgery in the next few months. I had a VBG 3 and one half years ago at HUP and wonder how you feel after a year of your own revision? Please email me if you don't mind sharing!! Dori Gardiner
klhull
on 1/30/05 8:39 am - Westerville, OH
Cindy, I have had two previous gastric surgeries. In 1982 I had a gastric stapling, lost a little more than 100 pounds and began gaining at the end of the first year. In 1984 I had a banding done. Once again I lost almost 100 pounds but began gaining weight again after about a year. It took me 20 years to regain all of the weight I had once lost. Now at 15 pounds above my highest pre-surgery weight, I am ready to try again. I am scheduled for an RNY on April 4. At 55 years old with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, and sleep apnea I am excited about the good health I can regain with a good weight loss. I am also a little frightened about surgery a third time around. My husband and I have been praying and feel that this is the right thing to do. It took me two years to find a doctor who would consider doing this revision. I am fortunate that the best surgeon in Columbus is doing it. (Doctors Rating Doctors ranked him as the best bariatric surgeon.) Check with me after April and I will let you know how it is going. Karen
Most Active