Revision from Proximal to Distal .

maimi
on 1/25/19 11:23 am, edited 4/3/19 11:57 am - LA

I had revision from proximal to Distal on 1/16/19 Hiatal hernia repair,Ventral

hernia repair. The only thing that's bothering me is that I still have acid reflux about 2:30 am this past 3 days.

Before the revision for some reason I started to vomiting for 14 months every other day.

The doctor did not pay attention.Till one day he did a swallowing test in the office and saw the problem. I had him a lot videos of my vomiting.

I finally got his attention .

Has anyone had experience something similar?

please, let me know.

Amy R.
on 1/30/19 12:05 pm

So your revision was about two weeks ago? And you just started having the reflux although you'd had cyclic vomiting prior to the revision? Is the vomiting gone now?

I'd be calling my surgeon right now if you haven't already. Sometimes strictures and such come up early post op and basically nothing gets through your system the right way. The reflux feeling may not even be true reflux. Frankly reflux is pretty rare in bypass patients. But you've had the vomiting history so who knows at this point. A medical professional needs to do some testing.

(You might also go back and figure out when you ate last before you're woken up at 2:30am. Are you a late night eater? That can affect reflux like tendencies. And it's a question your doc is likely to ask anyway.)

IF your surgeon is the one that's ignoring you find another one ASAP. You need to figure out what's going on in there. Two weeks out from any abdominal surgery with your symptoms is a red flag. Find someone who will pay attention and don't be quieted until you've found an answer.

Good luck. If you think about it come back and let us know what happened. We can all learn from these posts.

maimi
on 4/3/19 12:33 pm - LA

Seeing a Gastro because I do not eat after 7:pm and my gastritis is getting

worse. Now the acid reflux has progressively getting worse ..

Never before my revision did I have this.

Have no Idea how many people are going trough this problem.

I will update after my EGD hopefully would be a success !!

Laura in Texas
on 2/1/19 11:34 am

In addition to talking to your doctor, I would raise the top of my bed with bed risers like these.

I hope you are doing better this week!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active