Technical question for revision vsg to bypass

animallover1247
on 12/26/18 5:27 pm

For anyone *****vised from vsg to bypass BECAUSE OF GERD, do you know how many cm your pouch is or far your pouch is from the GE junction?

I understand one will not typically know this unless they have a copy of their surgery report.

PinkGeorgiaPeach
on 1/9/19 9:53 am - Augusta, GA

My surgeon says my pouch is the size of a hard boiled egg. I had revision Nov 28, 2018 due to GERD. My sleeve was May 2008. As long as everything works like it is supposed to, I do not care about the GE junction. I am off ALL acid reflux meds. Off Metformin. I am almost happy I developed intractable GERD.

animallover1247
on 1/9/19 10:00 am

I had a revision as well 6 months ago but was still having reflux. I sought a second opinion and he thinks my surgeon did not fix a hiatial hernia that was detected on a CT scan prior to surgery. He also thinks he made my pouch too big. So waiting on an appointment with Cleveland Clinic. Glad your reflux resolved. Been dealing with mine for three years

drea29
on 2/24/19 11:13 am
On January 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Pacific Time, animallover1247 wrote:

I had a revision as well 6 months ago but was still having reflux. I sought a second opinion and he thinks my surgeon did not fix a hiatial hernia that was detected on a CT scan prior to surgery. He also thinks he made my pouch too big. So waiting on an appointment with Cleveland Clinic. Glad your reflux resolved. Been dealing with mine for three years

I am following this as I found out from my endocrinologist that my hiatal hernia was reduced in size but actually not repaired. He was reading the post op report. I don't get it. My endoscopy showed both severe GERD and a hiatal hernia. I have been able to reduce the number of PPI medications but I am still taking 1-2 a day. I have no idea about the size of my pouch

Most Active