Blind Loop removal after Gastric Bypass plus other issues

LynLovesLife
on 11/25/18 7:52 am
RNY on 10/21/13

Hi. Please help me plan for the surgery. I heard I can not lift for 6 weeks. Does that sound right? I roll over and sit up a disabled person. Will I be able to do that safely or should I try to hire people to help? I have relatives who will come for a short time but not six weeks.

Pain wise, will I be able to go off pain meds in a few days? The worst was the gas in the stomach. Last time I took pain meds for four days but I can not handle hydrocodone anymore. It gives me unbearable headaches and I want to sleep. I also get dizzy. Do you have any suggestions for pain med?

They have to remove the blind loop, check intestines for other issues, tighten the stoma, and make the pouch smaller. I never lost all the weight and three surgeons say my pouch was made too big.

I had 3 surgeons refuse to do the surgery because they say I need someone who specializes in revisions of gastric bypass. Do you all know any surgeons who would do it? I am in Dallas, Texas but can travel. Thanks.

MarinaGirl
on 11/25/18 7:56 pm, edited 11/25/18 11:57 am

You should absolutely consult with a few bariatric surgeons that are highly skilled with gastric bypass revisions. If they're not located near you, call and ask if you can schedule a phone/video consultation. These 3 are the preeminent revision surgeons in the U.S.

Ara Keshishian, MD

10 Congress St, Ste 300

Pasadena, CA 91105

Phone: 818-812-7222

Folahan Ayoola, MD

Denton or Flower Mound, TX

Phone: 940-382-9429

John Rabkin, MD

2250 Hayes St, Ste 610

San Francisco, CA 94117

Phone: 415-668-3200

LynLovesLife
on 11/26/18 4:17 am
RNY on 10/21/13

thanks. I will be calling today. How did you find out they were the best in revisions?

catwoman7
on 11/26/18 8:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm not sure I've seen that name in the middle, but the first and last people on that list - yes - many times. We see those names all the time among people who have had revisions done. Do a search on this site on those names - they've been recommended again and again. Revisions are supposedly complicated to do, so you definitely want someone highly skilled and who has done a boatload of them!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active