Revision? Pouch issues.....

Katlady59
on 8/19/18 10:28 am

I'm at a loss. I had my surgery in November of 2002. I had an RNY. I never was able to get to my goal weight of 180 from 404. I list fast at first, then I started having issues at my stitch line and still have a spot that looks like a belly button but it's an opening in the stitch line.

So I did get to 225 and that was it. So now over the years I have gotten back up to a highest of 352. Back last September I was 341. In the past 3 months I have cut my calories to 1500 and go to Physical therapy 2 to 3 times a week. I have not been able to lose much even though I am tracking every damn morsel I put in my mouth. I got down to 309 and keep in the 312 to ,309 range. No movement at all .

I cut to 1250, still nothing. I'm at a loss. I'm going for a consultation next week, the 29th. Anyone else have this issue, and if so what did you do? Revision or????????

Please help!!!!

hollykim
on 8/19/18 5:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 19, 2018 at 5:28 PM Pacific Time, Katlady59 wrote:

I'm at a loss. I had my surgery in November of 2002. I had an RNY. I never was able to get to my goal weight of 180 from 404. I list fast at first, then I started having issues at my stitch line and still have a spot that looks like a belly button but it's an opening in the stitch line.

So I did get to 225 and that was it. So now over the years I have gotten back up to a highest of 352. Back last September I was 341. In the past 3 months I have cut my calories to 1500 and go to Physical therapy 2 to 3 times a week. I have not been able to lose much even though I am tracking every damn morsel I put in my mouth. I got down to 309 and keep in the 312 to ,309 range. No movement at all .

I cut to 1250, still nothing. I'm at a loss. I'm going for a consultation next week, the 29th. Anyone else have this issue, and if so what did you do? Revision or????????

Please help!!!!

many of us can't lose unless we are at 800 calories.

You are eating way too many calories, IMO, and it is causing you to stay at this maintenance weight.

Whst os a day of eating look like for you, menu wise?

Katlady59
on 8/21/18 2:34 pm

Wow, 800 calories? Oh boy. I'm on modified keto,per my doctor and wow, just wow. I don't know if I can do that.

Thank you for that, I guess I'll have to try.

hollykim
on 8/21/18 2:56 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 21, 2018 at 9:34 PM Pacific Time, Katlady59 wrote:

Wow, 800 calories? Oh boy. I'm on modified keto,per my doctor and wow, just wow. I don't know if I can do that.

Thank you for that, I guess I'll have to try.

it is easier done if you eat lots of dense protein, beef, chicken, pork, eggs, etc.

carbs are not your friend and run your calories up real quickly.

800 cals puts you into a calorie deficit which makes your body burn your stored fat which causes weight loss.

Most of us who have had WLS can't lose on more than 800 cals.

Donna L.
on 8/28/18 8:15 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I would figure out what your basal metabolic rate is, actually. That will let you know how many calories it takes to maintain your weight. My basal metabolic rate is literally 1100 calories/day. I have significant malabsorption now with revision, but I still am careful about what I eat as well as calories,.

Sadly, many of us gain weight with higher carbohydrate diets, even with malabsorption that is significant.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Katlady59
on 8/28/18 8:32 pm

Thanks for that! I will try to find out. I have my consultation in the morning. I should know more after this. Thanks again!

Zaniiaim
on 9/4/18 11:41 am - CA

What happened?

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

Most Active