Revision tomorrow- want buddies and stories

Meagan S.
on 8/20/18 3:12 am - Killeen, TX
RNY on 08/14/18

I had my revision from sleeve to bypass on 8/14/18.... right now I'm in pretty significant pain and regretting it.... I know it'll pass.... but the pain and nausea is beating me slowly into the ground. I hope your surgery went well and you're healing nicely!

khawley74
on 8/22/18 1:05 pm - Schenectady, NY

Meaghan, I completely understand. I broke down a few days ago crying thinking about what I have done to myself. It's hard to imagine only being able to eat 4 oz for the rest of your life. Also, I pulled something and have had pain in the stomach and back feels like a sword going through me. I'm dealing but I've been very tired and between that and the pain it's just frustrating. I know it will get better soon and I know the reasons that we did it are good. I hope that you're starting to feel better. I'm determined to start walking soon because I think that will help.

Kimberly

Meagan S.
on 8/22/18 2:15 pm - Killeen, TX
RNY on 08/14/18

Have you asked your surgeon for an abdominal binder? It helped a lot! So much so I go back to work tomorrow!!! Hope you're healing nicely!

khawley74
on 8/22/18 3:51 pm - Schenectady, NY

Thank you. I will check into it.

Kimberly

tltompkins
on 12/25/18 11:45 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 12/19/06 with

Hello,

How are things going for you since the revision? Mine is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Serving HIM with you!

"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed...The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor "
So When you are DOWN to nothing....
God is UP to something!

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible
Msbliss2007
on 8/20/18 7:14 am

Good morning I hope all is going well with everyone. I had gastric bypass revision July 31st 2018. The surgery went well however the nausea was very bad but I did get over it. They also stated I had a hernia that they repaired. It'll be 3 weeks and 2 days and I've only lost 10 lb so I am a little bit upset with that. I know I have not been on the diet like I should be so that may be the cause. I'm back on track and I will keep you guys posted good luck

khawley74
on 8/22/18 1:11 pm - Schenectady, NY

Hi. I'm doing okay. I've had a little bit of pain because I pulled something a few days ago. Had a little bit of a breakdown upset about how little I can eat. I usually only have maybe a protein drink or two and maybe about 4 oz of pureed Foods a day. I really can't get more than that in because I just can't seem to eat that much. There are some times that I feel hungry but at the same time nauseous so I don't really eat. I'm hoping to get walking soon cuz I know that will help. Hope you're doing well.

Kimberly

khawley74
on 8/22/18 1:11 pm - Schenectady, NY

Hi. I'm doing okay. I've had a little bit of pain because I pulled something a few days ago. Had a little bit of a breakdown upset about how little I can eat. I usually only have maybe a protein drink or two and maybe about 4 oz of pureed Foods a day. I really can't get more than that in because I just can't seem to eat that much. There are some times that I feel hungry but at the same time nauseous so I don't really eat. I'm hoping to get walking soon cuz I know that will help. Hope you're doing well.

Kimberly

KristinaW917
on 9/17/18 12:14 pm
Revision on 10/01/18

Hi ladies, wow, thanks for sharing! I had a gastric sleeve about 5 years ago and have been approved to have a revision to bypass. I'm scared though, because like, what some of you are saying, there were folks in the waiting room of the doctor's office, talking about all sorts of complications and additional surgeries. I asked the doctor but he said those were rare. When you say, you question what you did to yourself, that scares the *bleep* out of me!

You didn't have any of the nausea or pain with the sleeve, but only now w/the revision? What does your doctor say about that pain and nausea?

Anybody in the Dallas, TX area?

spkz007
on 10/11/18 6:11 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

I just wanted to respond to everyone that has been posting here. First there are always issues that can happen with surgery. That we know when we are going into this. You shouldn't let what you hear from peoples horror story change your mind. Their situation is totally different then yours. What important is that you are trying to better yourself and your quality of life. I first had a lap band and after 3 years it tilted and had to have it removed. I then had the Roux-N-Y done and have done pretty good. I lost a total of 163 lbs and its been 4 years now. I have been able to keep it off. I do fluctuate up and down but that happens. I weigh myself 3 times a day. Morning, when I get home from work and before I go to bed. I keeps me focused. One thing that I have to say I believe has helped is walking and I am not only talking about walking on a tread mill or in the neighborhood. I am talking about entering 5K walks. They are a blast. You get to meet other people. The energy in the air at the starting line is unbelievable and the bonus is that you get a medal and a t-shirt for completing it. I also have family that enters them with me as well. You should all really look into these. I see people from 5 years old to 80 years old doing these and there are tons of them all over the place. All you have to do is google 5K and the state your in. They have so many of them everyday of the week and every month. Check them out. I hope you all are doing well and hope to hear that you enter a 5K in your area. Also, make small goals. Like my first goal was to do a 5K in under a minute and I did. then after that it was to beat each one by a minute or more. Some I have and some I haven't but in the end, I had fun and enjoyed the day being outside. Take care!

Most Active