Bleeding marginal ulcers

such_a_pretty_face
on 6/10/18 6:32 pm

I am in the same boat, recurrent marginal ulcers. I'm also in Louisiana, I know finding a doctor who is qualified to perform a revision is difficult.

Amboline
on 6/11/18 3:03 pm

Well, I don't think I have much choice in the matter. If revision is required, my GI doc wants me to use the surgeon who did my bypass in 2005. That is definitely not what I want. I'd rather use just about anyone else. But I'm not sure I'll have much choice. But surely he's learned something in the last 13 years!!! I certainly hope so!

such_a_pretty_face
on 6/11/18 3:09 pm

You have a choice! You get to choose your surgeon. Inquire with your insurance who would be covered under your plan then you can narrow down who YOU want. You could even choose out of network.. just know that your insurance would not pay at the same rates. Never let your GI or PCP choose your speciality physician for you.

Amboline
on 6/11/18 3:15 pm

I'm pretty certain insurance coverage won't be a problem. I just found out a friend of mine is having gastric bypass done in Little Rock by a highly recommended surgeon. I'm not sure he's an option, but I really don't trust Dr. Barnes. He scares me. Most of these complications aren't his fault in any way, but the ones that are turn me off of him completely.

such_a_pretty_face
on 6/11/18 4:24 pm

Where are you in Louisiana? Nearest big city?

Amboline
on 6/11/18 10:47 pm

Shreveport

such_a_pretty_face
on 11/5/18 9:17 am

Any update on your progress? I just had revision for ulcers and they had to take most of my pouch in addition to the majority of my remnant. Wondering how you are doing now..

Amboline
on 11/5/18 10:19 am

Oh wow. I hope your recovery is going well. Right now we are jus****ching everything. My GI is pretty conservative when it comes to any type of invasive procedure. So far medicine seems to be working pretty well. It's about time for my next endoscopy so I'll know relatively soon whether or not I have any more ulcers. He wants to avoid revision surgery if at all possible because he knows how extensive it will be.

Most Active