Time off work and recovery

cheryl B.
on 5/5/18 7:00 pm, edited 5/5/18 9:14 pm - southeastern, IA

I know this has probably been asked over and over but I am having my lapband/port removed then revision to sleeve in one swoop. I am thinking the removal may add a lot more soreness. Could be wrong. Is hospital stay generally 2 nights? Would like to hear from those that had it all done at once.

Cheryl B.

AnaliaM
on 5/11/18 3:48 pm - Miami, FL

Hi Cheryl!

I removed ny Lap Band and they did the Sleeve at the same time.

No soreness at all, just a little discomfort when I woke up, the first day you will be fully on medication so don't be scared.

I stayed 2 nights at the hospital because I wanted to feel more secure, I felt better taken care of at the hospital than I would have been at my house. The next day I left without nausea, vomiting, or pain.

Everything is going to be alright, good luck!

Lap-Band 2009 -Revision to Sleeve 2018

Mary F.
on 5/14/18 8:56 pm, edited 5/14/18 1:57 pm - East Windsor, NJ

My surgeon told me 2 nights in hospital as long as all goes well. However, they wouldn't do it in one surgery.... my stomach was too damaged from the lap band. They required 2 to 3 months of healing first after removing the band. More doctors are starting to follow this protocol as the stitches in your stomach heal better. (However, some doctors won't decide until they see how your stomach is after they remove the band).

Mary

Most Active