I am so ashamed of myself but you have to start somewhere

sweetpotato1959
on 5/28/18 12:42 pm

Ms Ronnie, You GO GIRL! That is the ticket. Hang in there...Keep on doing what you have found works for you...

dogdancer
on 5/28/18 12:56 pm

I am so glad to have found this thread. I had a RNY in 2007 and went from 225 lbs to 110 lbs (I'm 4'10") I eventually plateaued at 121 lbs and stayed at that weight for 9 years. Then life became stressful and I started developing health issues. That is when I began re-gaining weight. I didn't have health insurance for awhile so I did the best I could. In 2016, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's and that has made losing weight a challenge. It currently affects one side of my body, impacts my balance and stamina so exercising regularly isn't easy. I'm not saying I am not going to try to use my tool and work to lose the weight I've gained, just that I have been looking for a support group who understands having bariatric surgery and then gaining some of the weight back. I look forward to getting and giving support on this thread. Thank you!

amiesuelosingatlast
on 5/28/18 3:26 pm

Hi Tiffany ,

I just read your post and all the replies in the thread and I am in the same place . I had a Gastric Bypass RNY in August 2011 weighing 438 lbs. My Dr. said without the surgery I would not live another year when I had decided to not have the surgery at the last minute due to fear. After hearing I would not live another year without the surgery I had it done because I have family and a new Grandson was on the way and I wanted to see him born and grow. I lost 100 lbs fast and got down to 270 lbs but have got back up to 334 lbs again and need to get back on a plan and would love to join you ladies and form a support group with you all. It would be wonderful to be able to talk to women who know what we have all been through and still going through. I just turned 59 in April and I'm 5'8" tall. I'm thinking of starting a 10 day detox to clean out my system starting tomorrow and then go low carb after that. Has anyone heard of shrinking your pouch ? I have read somewhere about it before and was wondering if anyone has tried it. I never reached my goal and very upset that I never did it but would like to give it another try. Hoping to try it with you and your group of ladies here for support. Hugs, Amie

sweetpotato1959
on 5/28/18 7:36 pm

Tiffany,

I was also 59 in April, and am 5'5".

You can do this... go back to your rules.

No eating and drinking at the same time... separate the two activities by at least 30 min...that will prevent further streatching of your tool.

If your pouch is over stretched reducing the amounts you put in it will help it be able to return to something closer to what the Dr intended.

Be sure to include a heavy protein meal for breakfast, with light carbs.it will help to cut your cravings for the day to be full.. We now have laying hens so my heavy protein is eggs, and one serving (ADA.) of bread.

.Sometimes I will boil sausage( in a saucepan ) then brown in a dry skillet. This makes it very firm and most fas can be pressed out with a paper towel press. I use a half teaspoon( or less) of coconut oil on a papertowel to polish the pan with...for my eggs.

Track all foods and fluids. Go back to your orig. Protein and carb goals. Mine were 90 gram protein and less than 50 carbs/day. Yours may be different even higher. The first three days of cutting carbs are always hardest for me. To jumpstart weight loss that has stopped, cutting carbs to 25, usually gets it going again.

I have a goal of a minimum of 30 grams protein at each meal.. If I am running short on protein for day, I will include an extra boiled egg somewhere in the eveing for a snack... sometimes I have a carb of bread/potato/root veg, (only half of an ADA serving for noon /night meal).If you are able to digest cheese, yugurt, greek yugurt, lettuce, cabbage... broccoli, these are good choices for you... I don't tolerate full servings of any of these, even with extra enzymes and probiotics.

Hope that some of this can help you to have hope and courage to get back on this track for healthy living.

sweetpotato1959
on 5/28/18 7:38 pm

Sorry amiesue that was intended for you... DH

Kathy S.
on 5/29/18 11:31 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Tiffany,

Don't be embarrassed, your not the first and won't be the last. You know what is best for you, but if there is not a medical reason for the regain you might want to try to get back on track again by getting back to the basics. It won't be easy, but you may want to try.

You have already taken the hardest step by saying enough is enough and now I want to get back on track. I maintained 118-125 for over 10 years after losing 200 pounds. Due to a personal tragedy I gained and hit the 190 mark a year ago. After several starts it finally clicked and I am back to goal losing 70 pounds of regain. Here are some steps that helped me and I hope they will help you too! You may have several starts and stops but don't give up, don't beat yourself up. IT WILL CLICK!!! Our tool works if we work the tool and get back to the basics.

Planning/Preparing

Remember when we were preparing for surgery? How many meetings, classes and such did we attend? We were told the more prepared we were the better our chances were for success. And they were right. Go through the house, car and work place and get rid of trigger foods. Stock up on foods that will keep you on track. I removed every bad carb/sugar temptation and replaced it with lots of protein, veggies, grains and fruits.

Journaling

Get back to journaling. This will help you identify when you feel like eating, stress factors and any triggers in your life. Once you identify these factors, this will help you put tools in place to keep you from eating. It became clear I was not taking time for me anymore. I worked my day job and then spent the rest of my time caring for my husband. It was easy to reach for fast, prepackaged food. Since I purged my home I have to eat clean as there are no other options LOL

Use a tool to track you're eating and exercise like Getting Started with Health Tracker. Once I started to track ever bite and drink it became clear why I had gained.

Goals/Rewards

Make a list of goals for yourself. Make them realistic and small. Some of mine were move more, purge all junk from my home, eat more protein. If you didn't make a Weight Loss Surgery bucket list when you first had surgery do it now. GREAT reminder of all the things you can enjoy in life after losing weight.

Food

In general, a long term post-weight loss surgery eating plan includes foods that are high in protein, and low in fat?, calories, and sugar. Important, vitamins and minerals are provided as supplements. (if you had a different surgery adjust this to your food plan).

Water

Water is our Best Friend. I have to say I never went back to pop or any bad drinks, however I was drinking tea like crazy. What is wrong with drinking tea? I was either using sugar or 3 equals and 3 sweet n lows per 32 ounce glass. I found once I started carrying one of the metal bottles of water to keep it cold I drank water all day.

MOVE!

I can't say enough about how key this was for me. The reason I kept my weight off for almost 10 years was no matter what, I kept moving. If I could not go to the gym I would walk. Grab a cart and walk all the isles at your local box store. I loved Zumba, bootcamp workouts, lifting weights. When I stopped, the weight started coming back. So for me I am starting slow to avoid injury by walking and using some of the workouts on my Demand TV. Find something you love to do and it won't feel like a pain in the *** to do daily.

Support

If it's an option "run" don't walk to a support group. Come here on OH daily for support and participate in one of the food threads. It helps you be accountable and also great ideas for food prep.

Keep me posted on how you are doing.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active